Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of turning to the dark side and getting a 2008 147 JTDm 8v collezione.
and i wanted as much advice as you lot had about the 147 deisels as its covered 68,000 miles (only one owner though, and full service history to) and i want to know what sort of "common problems" that you guys have had with your cars or engines that i should be looking out for or will need to do in the near future to keep it running if i do get it. i just need all your help to let me no if i should be snatching this up :inlove: or running a mile! :tut:

thanks guys i look forward to your responses.

Sean.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
with that mileage, cambelt, driveshaft inner tripods+cups, clutch and DMF will all either need to be changed or soon. Also removed the cover on the top of the engine and see if theres any black mess around the injectors, can be a git to repair

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just the cambelt and waterpump and aux belt. Don't worry about the drive shafts the 8valve is a solid engine my ex 147 did 152000 miles and it had no problems with its dmf or drive train. Just make sure you don't use supermarket diesel.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Clutch and DMF on 68K?? Don't think so, my 2.4 is on its origional cluch at 101000K miles. plenty of life left in that I would hope.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Clutch and DMF on 68K?? Don't think so, my 2.4 is on its origional cluch at 101000K miles. plenty of life left in that I would hope.
Depends how it is driven. People who have poor clutch control tend to break them quicker. Mine lasted 130k but I've seen them last as little as 40k....:(

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
bought mine with 62k on the clock, by 67k the car needed both inner tripods and cups, now at 75k and the clucth slips in 5 & 6

just had to have all the injectors out to replace the seals

its a lemon

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Depends how it is driven. People who have poor clutch control tend to break them quicker. Mine lasted 130k but I've seen them last as little as 40k....:(
Yeah exactly, you can't list it as an item that will wear because of mileage though.

bought mine with 62k on the clock, by 67k the car needed both inner tripods and cups, now at 75k and the clucth slips in 5 & 6

just had to have all the injectors out to replace the seals

its a lemon
Sounds like you did mate, sorry to hear that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts