Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one the wiper kits from Alfaowner.com

Absolutely superb, well worth the £50!

If you have wipers that don't wipe or judder then this is a must buy!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..must agree with Curvy here, they're an absolute god send, and don't knock seven shades of s**t of of the bonnet edge....well worth the money!

Mark :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But they still don't look like the origonals :( wink

wrinx

·
Registered
715 Posts
Show me a pic. I haven't seen one on. Still quite fancy a single wiper. Someone has got one (Stu?). Again show me a pic!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to agree. The wiper kit is good but it doesn't look as "hard" as the OE wipers.
I think the rubber on the OE wipers is too "sticky" and that's why they judder. The OE wipers don't cut the bonnet if you "modify" the wiper mechanism like I did, reducing the sweep, therefore eliminating the over-reaching problem.

Marlon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,
You can see the Alfa.com wiper conversion on this pix of my (V6) engine :D

Think is a case of form vs function with the 155 wipers.

Mark :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think there must be something wrong with me. I quite like having the juddery wipers, they make me and the gf laugh on those rainy days :D

Also my rev counter and speedo sometimes don't work, which also makes me laugh (I just hope the speedo behaves on the next MOT though, or maybe I'll get round to fixing them one day when I do all that other stuff I've been meaning to).

I'll get my coat...

·
Banned
477 Posts
here ya go Henry

ps did you get the cd rom with pics? I forgot to put some photos on it from the ETCC at Silverstone.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes they are good ive recentley replaced mine with them excellent

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I fitted champion replacement blades and have no judder :cool:

But i would like a single wiper conversion any ideas on where to get them or do i have to design my own :confused:

btw BW you dont need a working speedo to pass the mot :rolleyes: :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'''ve got them and they are a bit flimsy, they failed in the pissing rain, for me. I will admit though I was doing over an indicated 140maph at the time. But they judder and dont clear the top of my windscreen (impotant when your're 6"6'tall.)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
easy way out of the 'wiper coming away from the screen' problem is to use those aerofoil wipers. I fitted a 21" inch one to the drivers side with a 19" on the passenger side, work lovely in excess of 100mph (I assume!) wink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts