Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey! I have a couple of quick questions if that's alright.

I've just taken out a policy with you, but have something I forgot to ask the guy on the phone (to be fair he spoke at rocket speed!).

I'm on a limited mileage policy which is fine as the car is never really used in the week. What he didn't explain though, was the cost involved if I need to increase the mileage allowance (I doubt I'll need to, as I estimated 20% over my average for the last 3 years so I should be fine), but it'd be nice to know just-in-case.

Also, you want me to upload copies of the driving licenses which I understand is normal for your policies - but you ask for photo cards. 2 of the named drivers have the old style paper licenses and thus no photo cards - will this be a problem?

Although I completely forgot about the AO scheme so probably could have saved a couple of quid if I'd mentioned it! Doh! :p

Cheers!

·
AO Traders
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey! I have a couple of quick questions if that's alright.

I've just taken out a policy with you, but have something I forgot to ask the guy on the phone (to be fair he spoke at rocket speed!).

I'm on a limited mileage policy which is fine as the car is never really used in the week. What he didn't explain though, was the cost involved if I need to increase the mileage allowance (I doubt I'll need to, as I estimated 20% over my average for the last 3 years so I should be fine), but it'd be nice to know just-in-case.

Also, you want me to upload copies of the driving licenses which I understand is normal for your policies - but you ask for photo cards. 2 of the named drivers have the old style paper licenses and thus no photo cards - will this be a problem?

Although I completely forgot about the AO scheme so probably could have saved a couple of quid if I'd mentioned it! Doh! :p

Cheers!
Hi,

Could you send me your policy number please? I can then check the insurer and find out their terms on increasing the mileage. I will also be able to answer the other queries too.

Kind regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi,

Could you send me your policy number please? I can then check the insurer and find out their terms on increasing the mileage. I will also be able to answer the other queries too.

Kind regards,
Dan.
Thanks - I've PM'd you.

The policy booklet and cover note seem to contradict each other. The booklet says:

"If your premium has been calculated on a limited annual mileage basis we will seek evidence at the time of a claim to prove that your estimated annual mileage has not been exceeded. If you fail to supply appropriate evidence or evidence is provided by you which shows that the estimated annual mileage has been exceeded you will be required to pay the additional amount of excess shown on the endorsement applying to your policy."

Which suggests that if you exceed the mileage limit, there will be an additional excess in the event of a claim, but no additional premium. The cover note doesn't have this additional excess though.

Whereas the cover note says:

"I understand that should I wish to exceed this stated mileage I will inform my brokers in advance of doing so and agree to pay the additional premium required."

Which reads "pay in advance".

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Just done my new cover with AF today looking forward to collecting the GTV tomorrow. Will hopefully meet some of you on some owners drives. Sure some will know the car for sure.

A little bit more that I was expecting, however overestimated likely mileage for first year of ownership. Also added my wife as a named driver. (Emergency only as more chance of :titanic: resurfacing than me giving her control. )

Suppose would be cheeky trying to get the extra 20% ride/drive discount as although the car has taken part in some, this is me new to the Alfa Mafiosi!!!!

Was nice they carried introductory NCB to this as a second car so with 9yrs plus that was a bonus. ( real would be about 22 years now but traditional insurers cap you out.)

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Dan

I forgot to ask if you include Breakdown cover with my policy. Is it included (as per most other insurers) or is it a separate premium?

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi, its likely that i will soon be needing to insure a 156 as my second car, what is the best way to do this, ive never had 2 cars at same time, and want to run it on a reduced mileage. thoughts?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts