Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been discussed before, but as a relative Newbie and a member of both, I wondered what the relationship between AlfaOwner and the Alfa Romeo Owners Club was like.
If any AlfaOwner member in Devon would like to meet up with AROC members, the next event is a pub meet at Coombe Cellars by the Teign Estuary on Monday 29th Sept at 7.30 pm.
Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
well im only a newish newbie - i dont pst much and hvnt had a chance to go to any meets yet BUt i dont tihnk ny websites have any gripes with any other websites - at the end of the day though .. it is competition! when AO went down the other month i know that other names websites where helpful enough and allow members to talk to try and find out the problem - but in a sense mark your post does seem like advertising !? lol

Jamie:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. Have located Hammy156 as area rep on site and will liase with him in the future.
Mark
PS. Mitch166 - What does FFS mean? I am too old to know these modern texty abbreviations!

P

·
0 Posts
I think it's great when folk come on and want to join enthusiasts together :D

I'm doing it tomorrow at our local pub where members of my local car club and AO and anyone else can meet up :thumbs:

Good on you for posting this and I hope that you get great attendance from all owners of Alfa Romeos :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Flying Facedown Slowly? Guess I shouldn't know the exact meaning either at my advanced time of life, but I'm not about to express the true one and get banned?:D:lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I really like AO. I joined AO because I could view the forums for free and you where all a very friendly, cheerful and helpful bunch and you still are!

I imagine if I joined AROC I would be speaking to the same people on a different website as most people seem to be a member of both.

Not me though I waste enough time on this website! :D

Cheers Stuart

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the support folks. In my book an Alfa enthusiast is an Alfa enthusiast - regardless of which club / group they belong to.
Alfa enthusiasts are a very small minority in Devon. Occasional meets together could be beneficial for both clubs.
Mark

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I think it's great when folk come on and want to join enthusiasts together :D

I'm doing it tomorrow at our local pub where members of my local car club and AO and anyone else can meet up :thumbs:

Good on you for posting this and I hope that you get great attendance from all owners of Alfa Romeos :D
Spot on paintergirl, well said. :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts