Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
:rolleyes:

As Frankenstein once said, supposedly, we have created a monster! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cry: :cry: :eek:

Now make like a good RepMod and delete the last few posts! :tut:

:elaugh:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Still got a problem. My ISP is AOL, both browsers still only picking up what appears to be cached pages. Loaded firefox and it is firing on all four legs. I know about AOL, should have thrown it away 10 years ago.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
AOL! :eek:

It's not nice the DNSs are out of sync but AOL on top of that! :eek:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
- however, when I googled AO and clicked on that (linked to the home page) it worked OK
Well that's it ladies and gentleman, Kevin's useful post of 2008! :thumbs: Tune into 2009 for his next one ;)

:elaugh: Only jealous as I didn't think of that Kevin! :eek: Sounds workable too! :cool: ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I've been thrashing around here, there , and everywhere, and at the mo' it's holding up, 'til the 404 spook arrives again, and it all stops abruptly.:(:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Hey Mr ZF, have you seen Kevin's post above? Worth a go... me thinks and pretty striaght forward. Might be worth clearing browser history/cache' if you can first.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
....and just to add to the confusion .... :p

I have managed to access the site once via AOL but then it stopped working

... then once with Firefox.....

then Firefox wouldn't work so I tried AOL and that worked....

and then it didn't and neither did Firefox....

Now it's working on both....

and I'm still not messing with DNS to 'solve' a problem that clearly doesn't exist 'at my end' as they say

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Dude... if you type "HowToLookAfterPansies.com" in your browser :p

A DNS converts that into a numeric thing like 2002.12.533.588 ... which points your computer to the actual website, I think :confused:

What else is occurring is beyond me... but your ISP (AOL etc) would point you to a DNS I think, unless you choose one for yourself.

BUT BeeGee, truth be told, I know very little about this stuff so don't take my word for it ;)

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
....and just to add to the confusion .... :p

I have managed to access the site once via AOL but then it stopped working

... then once with Firefox.....

then Firefox wouldn't work so I tried AOL and that worked....

and then it didn't and neither did Firefox....

Now it's working on both....

and I'm still not messing with DNS to 'solve' a problem that clearly doesn't exist 'at my end' as they say
The thing is, GJ - it is technically 'your end'. Well, your ISP's end anyway. AO's ISP (it's host) is fully functional again, but some ISPs are slower at updating their DNS records than others.

Open DNS is a temporary solution, as soon as a few days have passed, you can clear it from your browser and go back to your ISP's DNS again. :)

K

·
0 Posts
i thought it was my old computer giving me grief again, so it got a thrashing which it didn't survive :tut:
this new one works well :lol:
pleased i didn't buy it for no good reason :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Re: Alfaowner access issues

I did see the threads about you and Lynn getting married, just didn't pick up the fact you was moving to Bristol, anyways...all the best :flirt:
Thanks fella :thumbs: :)

R

·
0 Posts
i thought it was my old computer giving me grief again, so it got a thrashing which it didn't survive :tut:
this new one works well :lol:
pleased i didn't buy it for no good reason :rolleyes: :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Works on my phone today to via Opera mini. Still the crappy text version though:(

81 - 100 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.