Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange thing happened today, had the car in the garage today,THe front was on some blocks so ramped up. Gave the engine a clean took the plastic top guard off and had a poke about :rolleyes: Anyway i left the car and it was just under a 1/4 tank of diesel, i come to start it up this afternoon and i have 1/2 tank now took it for a spin and it still shows 1/2. Also it seemed a bit more perky.

Does anyone know how it measures fuel ? sensor , float etc or where its located, so i can have another poke about.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Its just the way that Italian cars are really... All Alfa's have really wierd gauge readings when it comes to fuel.
If I park my 156 on a slight camber on the left, my fuel warning light comes on... If I turn the car around so the camber is on the right, I have over half a tank!!!:lol:
Quirky eh!:cheese:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well every day the fuel needle goes up :S at this rate the i'll have a full tank by friday lol Any clues to what going on ?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
you havent inadvertantly rewired the fuel guage the wrong way round have you???:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah lol it only happened since we had all the rain lol wonder if thet ank filling up with water lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts