1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check if the price includes VAT, if its including then thats not a bad price compared to the Alfa 330mm upgrade.

You might also want to check pad prices, they may be cheaper than pads for the Brembo 330mm caliper.

Not sure about those calipers (think they are wilwood or hi-spec) but I've run (as have many others) AP calipers without dust seals on the road without issues.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I had a K sport 8 pot caliper which I ran on the road for 18 months or more.

They always worked fine, but routine maintenance is required IMHO.

A quick strip down and re-grease is a must imho as they will seize up over time. Only take an hour to do both sides anyway so it's harldy something that would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Won't be too good on road unless your stripping the wheels off to clean them as they don't have dust seals.

Best for track use TBH.

BTW you can get the brembo 330 kit from the GTA and fit it to the GTV
305mm to 330mm brake conversion for Alfa Romeo gtv parts and spares
Hi 916,

Thanks for that. I had considered the set from EB Spares but as they're only 4 pot thought the 6 pot Alfaholics would be better. Where on the EB Spares site does it say they include dust seals?
...or am I missing something?:eek:

By the way the Alfaholics price is excluding VAT and I think pads are extra too.
(I'm beginning to see the EB Spares option is more economical!)

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
It doesn't state dust seals, you can see they're not visible on the pistons outer edge. :)

TBH, you don't need more then 4 pistons, it doesn't necessarily mean they're better. if anything it'll just create a more progressive feel to the braking. hence the different size pistons, each one produces a different amount of pressure.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Try a car with the 330mm GTA brakes. Night and day difference compared to the 305's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chaps, you're doing a very good sales pitch for the EB Spares option... and with the spare cash I can get a set of Koni shocks!!! Will probably get the Alfaholics handling kit too.

916 - can you point me in the direction of any photos/diagrams showing dust seals? Sorry if that makes me sound like a complete amateur.

So far I've got the Q2 diff, GTA flywheel and clutch, Alfaholics front pipes, unidentified but rather cool sounding twin pipe tail section without a silencer, Powerflex bushes at the rear and EB Spares grooved and crossed drilled discs. I think a set of 330mm discs and Konis with the Alfaholics anti-roll bars should finish that off nicely!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts