Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any computer gurus here? Got my ECUFIX interface to plug in to the beast but for the life of me i can not find how to change the coms port. I can find the ports in other Windows but not WindowsXP.

Any help please.:(

T

·
0 Posts
control panel> administrative tools>computer management>device manager>ports (using classic view of control panel)

if you have category view this adds 'performance and maintenance' in front of admin tools.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wicked!!! Got it connected. My problem now is that i loose connection with the ECU for no reason. As soon as i move my mouse cursor an error message appears that connection was lost. Sometimes i dont even move at all and still loose connection. Someone know what i am doing wrong?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe a setting on my computer?

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Hmm I had that problem also and I think its maybe the power saver on the laptop cutting in ,I have not tried since I learnt this so let me know if it works.I will use a power lead next tme to see if it cures the problem.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm I had that problem also and I think its maybe the power saver on the laptop cutting in ,I have not tried since I learnt this so let me know if it works.I will use a power lead next tme to see if it cures the problem.
Good thinking! I think i read that somewhere to tell you the truth. I got a problem with the power lead, third floor flat. Looks like i will be going around to my mates place. Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
can i ask where you got your interface from and how much. Do you get the software with it? Askin as i have alywas wanted to get one to have a play. Any info on this would gratefully apprciated! :)

T

·
0 Posts
Google it:

alfa-diag for the software.

ecufix for the cable. Latest version of AD seems to run more reliably with a usb cable rather than a 9 pin serial port one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Google it:

alfa-diag for the software.

ecufix for the cable. Latest version of AD seems to run more reliably with a usb cable rather than a 9 pin serial port one.
have just had a quick look around and it looks like alfadiag is only works for cars pre 2001, is this correct? If so then no good for me :(

T

·
0 Posts
That's correct, if your engine management light looks like an injector (or showerhead) alfa-diag will suit.

If it looks like the outline of an engine it won't, that needs a later type of code reader.There's a lot of choice but I'm not in a position to advise anyone about them.

If you use the search function at the top you'll find something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts