Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... and which cable for either. I have tried to decipher previous post on the matter but it's just made my brain hurt. I'm not very clever (being a bloke) and I need to be told in black and white just exactly what I need. Bring back contact breakers and a timing light - thats what I say!
Many thanks in advance.

Edit: Perhaps I'm imagining it, but did I read somewhere that FES doesn't work on a 03 JTS.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Depends what you need to do ... but I'd suggest you try the free FES with a VAG-COM KKL USB interface cable. That cable will work with both software products. (Obviously you also need a laptop to install AlfaDiag or FES on!)

The standard cable will only work with the engine ecu and you have to modify (or buy a modified one from rarebear) the cable to connect to the airbag and ABS.

I've not tried FES with a JTS and it should be ok for most of the basics, but not everything is activated unless you buy the full licence. AlfaDiag only connects to the ecu and shows the engine temp in demo form, and again you have to buy a licence to get it to function properly.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Garry + 1
You can also try fiatecuscan, the free version
does more than the alfadiag one.
You need a little computer knowledge
but not being blonde and female lol
you should be ok

L

·
0 Posts
FES works with JTS.

Buy a KKL interface from eBay for £10 & then solder 7 to 3 to 1, withing the interface's connector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts