Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest version of AlfaDiag (3.1.0.0) now supports the 2.0JTS (MED7.11 ECU) & 1.9/2.4JTD (EDC15 ECU) engines.

The lack of JTS & Diesel support often comes up, so this should be welcome.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
When was this version released? Sweet though, it will be good to compare this to ScanXL. I'll let others know what i think once i get the software and connect up.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
This is old news, as it was released 3 weeks ago and there is another thread on it, but you'll need to emil Alfadiag to get your account sorted out as they seem to have lost the database of account details. Took them 2 days to get my new paasword out to me. But the software is running better than before and the JTS stuff is tip top.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
This is old news, as it was released 3 weeks ago and there is another thread on it, but you'll need to emil Alfadiag to get your account sorted out as they seem to have lost the database of account details. Took them 2 days to get my new paasword out to me. But the software is running better than before and the JTS stuff is tip top.
That was v3.0.0 ... Derek had to update the core software first before he could add the diesel enhancements in v3.1.0 ...

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That website upgrade was back in July.
They emailed every user and asked to confirm, they then emailed a new password the same day.

No issues upgrading since then.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
They emailed every user and asked to confirm, they then emailed a new password the same day.

:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

Hmmm I didin't get an email :( ... will have to contact derek I think :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm I didin't get an email :( ... will have to contact derek I think :thumbs:
See if you can log into their support area, if you can you are ok, if not send Alfadiag an email.

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
What do you need to use AlfaDiag? Do you just need a laptop and an appropriate cable, or is it actual hardware as well (like a code-reader)?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you need to use AlfaDiag? Do you just need a laptop and an appropriate cable, or is it actual hardware as well (like a code-reader)?
Laptop & interface cable.
(like all of them, there is a small piece of hardware in the OBD cable)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
See if you can log into their support area, if you can you are ok, if not send Alfadiag an email.
Can't log on to the support area, and the password reset doesn't recognise my usename either :( ... email sent :thumbs:

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
Laptop & interface cable.
(like all of them, there is a small piece of hardware in the OBD cable)
Is it just a VAGCOM cable, or is there some difference/modification?

Its something I'd quite like to have.. :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Is it just a VAGCOM cable, or is there some difference/modification?

Its something I'd quite like to have.. :)
It is the VAGCOM cable that I have, and there are images of the mod I made to mine in another thread so that it talks to the airbag system too.

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
Can that cable and AlfaDiag be used to read/write ignition maps?

(I'm aware that a lot of the earlier ECU types do not support the 'read' function, only the 'write' function.)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
O, my one question with alfadiag, at least this new version out, whats the story with connecting to airbag ecu and resetting warning light?

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
You need to move one pin from 7 to 3 to connect to the airbag system ... run a search, there's lot's of info on here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought the software and picked up a cable at Rarebear:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have used it on my 2.0 JTS Selespeed MED7.11 ECU, but almost all selectable target ECU's seem to work, a bit strange??....

I managed to calibrate the Gearbox succesfully!!

Many thanks Alfadiag & Rarebear!!

F156

1 - 20 of 29 Posts