·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Hi Chris.

What would I need to use this on our GT & Brera?

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Same cable as fiat ecu scan me thinks.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chris.

What would I need to use this on our GT & Brera?

Cheers,

Depends what you want it to do ... these days FiatECUScan is alot better (and has far more support) ... if you want to embed the funtionality into a program you're writing then you're probably best just to use some open source EODB for your cars ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Chris, what is your view on this vs fiat ecu scan, is it better?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Depends what you want it to do ... these days FiatECUScan is alot better (and has far more support) ... if you want to embed the funtionality into a program you're writing then you're probably best just to use some open source EODB for your cars ...
I'm a total non techie so you completely lost me there:eek::lol:

Ideally, interrogate faults & reset warning lights etc.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I've been looking into Arduino, to connect via wifi, that are your thoughts for connection to some software?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Derek thrown the towel in then? :confused:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chris, what is your view on this vs fiat ecu scan, is it better?
As a product FES is far better, has much more functionality and is alot more reliable

I'm a total non techie so you completely lost me there:eek::lol:

Ideally, interrogate faults & reset warning lights etc.
Use FiatECUScan ... it's far better for the end consumer (plus the free version is pretty much fully functional for what you want)

I've been looking into Arduino, to connect via wifi, that are your thoughts for connection to some software?
I've not really looked into Aruino, however Home - GHI Electronics have some pretty good stuff and as it runs .net micro it would probably be fairly easy to incorporate. However as your car has CAN bus if I were you I'd go for that especially since ghi produce a can module CAN DW Module - GHI Electronics for the .net Gadgateer stuff ...

Derek thrown the towel in then? :confused:
I just don't think he could keep up with the guys at FES ... do you think he will give me a refund :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Love arduinos. Made a trip computer for my old saab that included boost pressure, rpm, speed, mpg, inst mpg etc. Worked a treat. The only thing i couldnt do was incorporate the fault codes the car would throw up, an even bigger problem for me would be to transfer them fault codes to the computer and get a seperate program to read them but i will certainly watch with anticipation

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can someone take a photo of all the leads and boxes needed and where it all plugs in, and I might just give it a go using an old laptop ...
This programme won't work with your car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts