Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I started Agnes to go to the gym, but she wouldn't go into reverse to get out of the parking space. Does anyone in Peterborough have alfadiag/leads/laptop that will be able to help out in return for beers/chips/almost anything.
She had a new gearbox four years ago. She had another one about three years before that (different owner).

I've uploaded a video procedure. Apologies for the heavy breathing, bit of a cold. Selespeed joys.mp4 - YouTube

Is that engine management light staying on longer than is usual?
I've checked the selespeed oil, it does look a little dry in there but the last time I put some oil in there the last gearbox had its death throes on the A47 even when the engine was off (how that happened, I do not know).

Frankly I can't afford another £1,500 on a gearbox. I can't afford £1,500 for anything, really. Would anyone be able to help with the diagnosis?

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Yes there is someone Nayf but I can't for the life of me remember who. Kris will probably remember and I'm sure let you know, Try looking in the east anglian lounge, I'm sure there's something gairly recent in there!

Hope Agnes gets better soon ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like the pump or relay. Not too onerous in isolation, but on top of the cambelt service that's due, the scary metallic noises when I brake/go past buildings, the tyres that need replacing, the probable front suspension collapse... That and it's getting to the mileage where an engine rebuild will be necessary... Well, one wonders whether getting another tax disc and renewing the insurance is worth it...

We are off to the alfa workshop in Royston on Thursday, could well be the last rites...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts