Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I have recently had to create a brand new Facebook account.

I have attempted to re-add myself to Alfabook. It would appear I am unwanted as my join request appears to have resulted in me being blocked!! Either that or Alfabook has vanished overnight.

Anyone here over on Alfabook too?

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that as I have just created my Facebook account, Alfabook don't want me.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I think that as I have just created my Facebook account, Alfabook don't want me.
I think that's a good thing :lol: I use FB to pass time but am slowly slowing down my use of it.
Alfabook is crap anyway. I really don't like the format groups use on FB it is no where near as good as forum software. It seems though FeacesBook is taking over unfortunately. :(

Look up Malc Holden on FB (I'll probably get Russian boys wanting my love now :p) and I'm guessing if you're a friend I can add/recommend you?
You're welcome to break the friendship once you're in AB. I'm not offended.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gained access to Alfabook south coast region. A chap therecattrnoted to add me. That created an error too.

It would appear something is wrong with adding, or someone in admin at Alfabook blocked my request to join.

It's odd as I was a happy member under my previous account, sadly I had to close that due it getting hijaked.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
IMO I think FB will turn out to be a disaster long term as a knowledge base that forums can provide. Sure use FB for idle chat, but on a forum technical information is archived for others to search for and find in the future.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They serve very different purposes.
Ask a question here and after the normal 'do a search', you may get a repose that is helpful by the end of the week.

On Faceache, ask a question and often an accurate answer comes back within 30 minutes.

I sometimes get stuck on a job, ask the question, get a swift brew and a biscuit and the answer is in before I'm done.

FB isn't searchable, but searching here is tricky unless you know exactly what the correct original thread title is.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I think that clearly illustrates the migration to FB from forums, if people were conversing on the forum you would have to wait a week. ;-)

Anyway, Instagram is the new FB, until another trend comes along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts