Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but a quick question. What has happened to alfa155.com ????? I keep getting an error message about "DNS error" or something. Is it my computer, or is the site down at the moment ???? Need to contact a couple of people.

Marlon

·
Registered
431 Posts
it's not your pc, there is something wrong with the domain name it's self.

Looks like someone has deleted the domain name ?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Some problems with the domain name people have occurred

Wilst it's down, the site is also being moved to the new AO server - the one that AO moved to a wee while ago.

Should be up and running again soon.

Sorry Guys...

Meanwhile... for a good time call GayChat... umm maybe not then... i'll get me coat!

J

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hi guys
Just been on alfa155.com - it's up now but the Forum is giving af message of "no connection to database" or something.
Are Alfa Wold closing it down or something?
Alfisti regards
Erik - soon former 155 owner, 156 owner in the making.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
yearh, whats this all about, tried it too, seemed to be a DNS error, couldnt log in at all. What the hell, sold my 155 Super 16v, half a year ago, so what do I care. And Erik, prepare yourself for a car that doesnt squeek every time it encounters a pebble on the road.

Best Wishes

Hoygaard (Saeby)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I can log in, or at least the board recognises me but when trying to view any of the posts I get the message:

"Oops, I can't get a flock on the counter file."

Explain that one!!!

wrinx

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
alfa155.com does work but it usually takes a few days to update the worlds DNS. Every one should gain access by now

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well Gentlemen,

It looks like time of death has finally been called at 11:07 this morning, on a friend "The forum section of 155.com." It is but a mere shell of itself. The evil network company strikes again.
For those among you like me, 155.com true to the core, the registation to the Alfaowner site, is a hard thing, but hopefully we will build a new home in times ahead!!!

Its good to see a couple of regulars here already, people who's advice was central to the up keep of 155, like Wrinx and Chris.

But there is a sense of loss in the individually that the 155.com gave the owners, now forced to join the ranks of the Alfa masses.:

I imagine this is how the Alfa management felt, during the takeover by Fiat, Big Fish eats Little Fish, but gets stronger.

Only Joking

Keep up the good work Alfaowner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its great that we are all back on but 155.com has many unanswered questions that owners need replys to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only seems that the regular users have made it to here so far.

Keep the faith, sure it will be back up soon......?

wrinx

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Originally posted by Henry Yorke:[QB]I want alfa155.com!!!
[/QB]
Well you are not having it its not for sale... we have just had back luck with hosting companies.

AO.com is our baby and it does get preferential treatment, please try to remember this.

Without AO.com... alfa155 would have lost its forum when the previous onwers corrupted the boards. It took weeks to repair the mess. Some times we get errors which are still related to them!

We will never lose this site, it has great potential to grow, especially as 155's become more rare. The best is still to come I think.

We plan to have this back up mid September!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts