Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought you might like to see a piccy or two of the rolling road meet today at Alwyn Kershaw's in York.

wrinx

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
:mad: @ Tata logo :D

eek! @ LOTS of cars!! thats imrpessive man, nice!! :D

did you all go to have your cars dyno-tested? didnt that take all day!?
btw, is that your (red) 155 in the 1st piccy? is that a narrow body? :confused:

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Pat,

It was a great day, you really should come to Belgium, you know you will be looked after. I think you will be in your element :)

AO

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
whats with the weird-looking torque curve? :confused:

btw, 120bhp is very good for a boxer 1.6, no? eek!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
<strong> :mad: @ Tata logo :D

eek! @ LOTS of cars!! thats imrpessive man, nice!! :D

did you all go to have your cars dyno-tested? didnt that take all day!?
btw, is that your (red) 155 in the 1st piccy? is that a narrow body? :confused: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kershaws are well known in Alfa circles in this country. Unfortunately they also sell TATA's eek!

The first car on the top foto is my V6 WIDEbody wink

Didn't take too long to get 14 cars on the rollers, enough time to get to the pub for a pint anyway :D 20 cars turned out on the day including 2 145's and a Primera!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
hey wrinx.. well the grille looked a bit strange at first so i wondered if it were the narrow body grille. but then after seeing some other photos i realized it was the normal wide body grille. the narrow body doesnt have the plastic surrounds, does it? :eek:

btw, about that blue 155, does he have intakes on the side? and on the bonnet? eek!

oh, and another thing, a PRIMERA!? eek!

wink

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Yes banflu the blue one has wink Check out 155 with panel modifications on the 155 forum wink :D

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by speedy:
<strong>Yes banflu the blue one has wink Check out 155 with panel modifications on the 155 forum wink :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that i did wink

thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Banflu

There are two differences for the fronts of 155's (apart from different sized bumpers and the wings). Early cars had the plastic grill flush with the Alfa shield and all the later cars have a recessed grill. Trouble is there are skinny cars fitted with both. Anything up to about 1993/4 can have both. Best way to tell is that later cars have a chrome shield, earlier ones have a body coloured version.............but then some owners colour code theirs!!!!

Perhaps I could suggest you check out the 155 forum for a bit of homework for your next assignment wink :D

I've just written a 5,000 word article about them and it still doesn't make sense!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by wrinx:
<strong>Banflu

There are two differences for the fronts of 155's (apart from different sized bumpers and the wings). Early cars had the plastic grill flush with the Alfa shield and all the later cars have a recessed grill. Trouble is there are skinny cars fitted with both. Anything up to about 1993/4 can have both. Best way to tell is that later cars have a chrome shield, earlier ones have a body coloured version.............but then some owners colour code theirs!!!!

Perhaps I could suggest you check out the 155 forum for a bit of homework for your next assignment wink :D

I've just written a 5,000 word article about them and it still doesn't make sense!!!

wrinx</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks wrinx, i just joined there today, i'll maybe start to suck up some bandwidth there too :D
about this article, can you send it to me? i'd love to read it!

thanks for d info, i never realized the body colored grille was only on the older cars... that makes sense now! wink

cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL :D I've just stopped messing about with the new AROC155Register website and then checked here first, then went over to 155.com and spotted your post...........welcome wink

I'm starting a 155 register for the AROC, when the article is published sometime in June I'm hoping to put it on the 155.com website....sorry, no "Spidey" style previews wink

wrinx

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
<strong>whats with the weird-looking torque curve? :confused:

btw, 120bhp is very good for a boxer 1.6, no? eek! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The gear change I think you are talking about??
from 1st to 4th! :confused:

Yes I am pleased with 120 Bhp, but others were even more surprised :D good and bad I suppose!

·
Administrator
47,199 Posts
I'd guess that you start in 1st so that you can get the wheels rolling, but 4th is best to test it, because you can build the revs more gradually so get a more detailed and accurate graph.
I've never had a rolling road done, so this is just attempted logic. Am I right? Do I win a prize? :D :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<strong>1st to 4th!!? eek! eek!
why 1st to fourth?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it because fourth is (or is very close to) a 1:1 gear ratio i.e. direct drive??
:confused:

·
Administrator
47,199 Posts
Is it a combination of the two???

·
Administrator
47,199 Posts
Please don't tell me I was completely wrong. :(
I was really proud of my little theory.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts