Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"You do not buy an Alfa Romeo for practicality, for speed, fuel efficiency or for reliability. If you want those specifics you have ample amount of alternatives on the market to satisfy those needs. What you are doing when purchasing an Alfa Romeo is buying into a part of that magnificent history they hold, a history which stems back all the way to 1906.

You are giving the proverbial two fingers up to normality and choosing the mad and the quirky, and for that, no-one perhaps does that greater than Alfa Romeo..

It is something perhaps some people on this site might not agree with me on, but unless you own one and experience the Alfa “spark” or “zing” they all possess, you will never fully understand just how it makes you feel and for that alone here’s to many years of happy motoring".

Found this on web and think it aptly describes Alfa ownership......
Do you agree with sentiment?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
"You do not buy an Alfa Romeo for practicality, for speed, fuel efficiency or for reliability. If you want those specifics you have ample amount of alternatives on the market to satisfy those needs. What you are doing when purchasing an Alfa Romeo is buying into a part of that magnificent history they hold, a history which stems back all the way to 1906.

You are giving the proverbial two fingers up to normality and choosing the mad and the quirky, and for that, no-one perhaps does that greater than Alfa Romeo..

It is something perhaps some people on this site might not agree with me on, but unless you own one and experience the Alfa “spark” or “zing” they all possess, you will never fully understand just how it makes you feel and for that alone here’s to many years of happy motoring".

Yep... :thumbs:
That's why I have 3...

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts
3, that's just being greedy :tut: :lol:

It's nice to drive something a bit different & that feels a big special :cool: not sure what I'd have if I didn't own an Alfa.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
3, that's just being greedy :tut: :lol:

It's nice to drive something a bit different & that feels a big special :cool: not sure what I'd have if I didn't own an Alfa.
I know Dave!
But I still want more-Alfas are so desirable!!!
Anyways, enough about my issues....

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I've lost my zing entirely. Engine won't turn over, locked solid. Was sweet as a nut on Sunday when I parked it. Suspect head gasket failure and water hydro locking cylinders but can't confirm till its bright.

ALFAs. Like that pretty but slightly unhinged girlfriend. Wild dirty fun most of the time but you're always worrying that she'll steal your wallet and screw you over :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:cheese:
brillant description Fluffyduff

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
33. I was absolutely hammering it on sunday on the way back from c&c. It was running like a top but I thought there was a lot of vapour from the exhaust when I parked up at home. No overheating so should be ok. Have pulled muscle in my back so cant investigate further at the moment.

Plan to pull the sparkplugs and see what comes out when im flexible again. Ive another engine if worst comes to worst. 2 days after fresh tax and nct. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
33. I was absolutely hammering it on sunday on the way back from c&c. It was running like a top but I thought there was a lot of vapour from the exhaust when I parked up at home. No overheating so should be ok. Have pulled muscle in my back so cant investigate further at the moment.

Plan to pull the sparkplugs and see what comes out when im flexible again. Ive another engine if worst comes to worst. 2 days after fresh tax and nct. :rolleyes:
It's like it knows your handy with the spanners!
Loves the attention...
All the best with it when you do get to it.

·
Registered
170 Posts

:thumbs:

Big time.

We are on our third Alfa in 10 years. I hope my GTV is a keeper and I'm debating what my daily car will be ( if I can justify another Alfa! )......

One of the things that persuaded me to buy the Alfa was the Top Gear Alfa special. .... It didn't matter what the cars did to them ( and they did to the cars ) ... They still wanted them.:thumbs:

And to me the GTV in Proteo Red is just drop dead gorgeous......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts