Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Alfa workshop in Hertfordshire?

What are they like? They have quoted me £320 for a cambelt and variator change.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
349 Posts
Jamie and his team there are great. Admittedly i'm biased because with them just a few miles away I wouldn't really need to go anywhere else - but they're competent, friendly, helpful, won't screw you on prices and it's a generally great place to go.

As mentioned previously somewhere else, there's often all kinds of Alfa exotica parked outside for your drooling pleasure as well :)

V

·
0 Posts
As a customer of Jamie's of nearly 20 years, I would agree with all of that. Plus, you get a nice 'mature' Alfa as a courtesy car too! :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
What do you think? It will go of course...now do as you are told and have it done at the same time! :rolleyes: :lol:

Seriously, for the sake of another £90 for the part, you'd be mad not to have it done.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Go for it.

Good shop. Good recommendations and quality work.

Yes you might get it bodged cheaper at another shop but you will pay for it in the longer term.

Is £320 a lot of money for that work?????

Noooooooo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alfa Workshop are very good. Had a cambelt change done 30k miles ago and drove 800 miles (South of France) the day after the change....not a single glitch!!.... Jamie and guys are fab!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Top guys.

Took mine there in March.

I wish I had changed the variator though. Sods law, 2 months later, bloody diesel sound!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Has anyone used Alfa workshop in Hertfordshire?

What are they like? They have quoted me £320 for a cambelt and variator change.

Cheers,
Kev
That is a good price and they come highly recommended on here.There website gives a lot of free information for Alfa owners.As far as I can see genuine Alfisti.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alfa Workshop

Just had my 48k service done, as well as new disca and pads all round, centre box, thermostat, and front anti roll bar!! All for just over £800!! Jamie and the team were great.
Highly recommended!
By the way. If Jamie offers to take you out in his 147GTA be prepared for a white knuckle ride! The guy should be on a track!!
Best vehicle in the shop? Ducati 916 SPS signed by Foggy himself. Pure art.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts