Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings...
I'm curious, why the ************* does nobody want to work on Classic/Old Alfas???
This is just me kinda letting off some steam, but seriously now...
My handbrake problem is due to the caliper getting locked up, now. I can fix this, but choose not to (I like being able to stop). All the Alfa guys are booked up for like over a month and I couldnt get it in anywhere (managed to get a cancellation at George). I took El's advice and called the brake place to ask them if they caould do it for me, seeing as I knew what was wrong I just need some exsperience to be handy...
And low and behold, every ******* place I called I got the same (or at least similar) answers: I'm not F***EN touching and Alfa!!!
or
(after much laughter) HELL NO!!! take it else where, they just give headaches.
One guy even told me: I'm not shooting myself in the foot again!!
:(
*sigh*
Rant for the month is over now...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Any mecahnic that wont work on Alfa's is not a mechanic's @ss. They say they don't want to get burned etc.. its because they don't fix the problem right the first time and the poor Alfa owner has to keep taking it back to be fixed propperly.. It ends up costing the idiot mechanic money to do a proper job the 2nd or 3rd time he fixes the car.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to agree there...
But it just goes to show how many REAL mackies are out there...

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
how about a DIY? grab a haynes or similar and dig in...

·
Registered
665 Posts
This is AO southafrica, you very seldom are left to DIY, there's always a bunch of guys willing to help. Only payment due is beer and food..

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah.. pretty much you can get so frustrated, you start looking to do everything diy, and i even know the feeling, esp when you take it to a new makki and end up tellin him what he should do!

A

·
0 Posts
yeah.. pretty much you can get so frustrated, you start looking to do everything diy, and i even know the feeling, esp when you take it to a new makki and end up tellin him what he should do!
Or... take it to a mackie who is supposed to know what he is doing, and he doesn't. I've had that recently and guess what, I fixed the problem myself.
Oh, and it was a reputable Alfa mackie too - or so I once believed.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about a DIY? grab a haynes or similar and dig in...
Done the DIY route, it was beyond my scope, so rather to do more harm than good, I left it...

Or... take it to a mackie who is supposed to know what he is doing, and he doesn't. I've had that recently and guess what, I fixed the problem myself.
Oh, and it was a reputable Alfa mackie too - or so I once believed.
That happens WWAAYY to often...
Thats Y only the VERY difficult jobs I don't do....

Oh I just found out that my mater servo also took the plunge along with my rear calliper....

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
morel of the story.. move to jozi and let toni help you out.. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts