Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....where are they all considering there are so many of us driving them about!?!?!

I have told great tales to jealous friends and family who own boring rep-mobiles about the friendliness and openess of Alfa drivers - particularly the ones here on the forum.

Then taking passengers through Bath on my commute I pass many mums picking up their kids and businessmen doing their own daily journey - give a little wave to them to show my side-seat partner just what a friendly bunch we are, and do i ever get a wave back? Not one!! :cry:

The only waves I ever seem to get, are the boy racers around Chippenham... well, I assume the middle finger is some kind of Alfa wave??? :cheese:

So come on people, you see a fat balding mid-20's bloke in a grey 156 smiling and waving like an idiot, with a passenger holding their hand over their face in embarrassment, give me a little wave back; restore my faith in the Alfa family and give me bragging rights! :thumbs:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Feel ya pain Brannigan, I try a little flash of the lights giving them time to see you helps.
Keep the faith, you'll be chuffed when the wave is returned.:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just saw a guy in a nice black 147 while going down to the Green Park Tavern.... figured i'd give a little Alfa wave..... until i remembered i was walking and not in the car, which might have looked a little strange! :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'll always give a wave to an Alfa if I see one :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
After my initial shyness, I now wave at every Alfa I see.

Latest was a dark GTV this morning in Bradford-on-Avon.

Only one person has ever waved back and that was a bloke in a 159 on BOA bridge.

Everyone else probably thinks I'm nuts :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After my initial shyness, I now wave at every Alfa I see.

Latest was a dark GTV this morning in Bradford-on-Avon.

Only one person has ever waved back and that was a bloke in a 159 on BOA bridge.

Everyone else probably thinks I'm nuts :lol:
Sweet. I live in BoA. Town capital of antique shops and tea rooms for the elderley, but nice to know my fellow town folk are representing! :thumbs:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got one today! About half four this afternoon from a bloke in a nice red Alfa, either a 156 or 159, belting it in the Bath direction from the bottom of Brassknocker Hill on the A36.... whoever you are, cheers mate, you've restored my waving-faith ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Sweet. I live in BoA. Town capital of antique shops and tea rooms for the elderley, but nice to know my fellow town folk are representing! :thumbs:
haha i live in Trowbridge , maybe i will see you in the near future when we get our Alfa!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm working in Bath and living near Chippenham for now, so I'll do my best to restore further your wave-based faith. :)

If you're feeling that bad about it, you can always drive through Peasedown St John first thing in the morning - there's an old boy there who stands by the road and waves at everyone! :lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
If you're feeling that bad about it, you can always drive through Peasedown St John first thing in the morning - there's an old boy there who stands by the road and waves at everyone! :lol:
We've got someone like that in Winterbourne in Bristol :lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Since this thread started I wave at every alfa I see in Bath
Get some strange puzzled looks because more often than not Im in my company vehicle.
By the way Im a hearse driver.

·
Registered
954 Posts
So come on people, you see a fat balding mid-20's bloke in a grey 156 smiling and waving like an idiot, with a passenger holding their hand over their face in embarrassment, give me a little wave back; restore my faith in the Alfa family and give me bragging rights! :thumbs:

Gave you a wave this morning in London road but you werent looking :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts