Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

As my GTA is coming from Germany (where roads are generally more salted than in France or GB I suppose), my engine cover (where it's written Alfa romeo in red) is not in good shape.

I want to change it (I tried to clean it with many product but not a good result) but I can't find a website to find it.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks for all

Jack

·
Premium Member
7,741 Posts
Hello

As my GTA is coming from Germany (where roads are generally more salted than in France or GB I suppose), my engine cover (where it's written Alfa romeo in red) is not in good shape.

I want to change it (I tried to clean it with many product but not a good result) but I can't find a website to find it.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks for all

Jack
Just order it from the Alfa dealer, it's not that expensive....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will see with my Alfa dealer but I was asking first if someone know a website for this

@OofO : I prefer OEM one

·
0 Posts
You could maybe wire brush the cover & re-paint the lettering? - I think a new one could be pricey :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have looked into this although not got around to doing anything yet... The stuff you want is called Autosol Anodized Aluminium polish, regular Autosol metal polish actually makes it worse. Then just go over the red with VHT paint. I have seen lots of black/red crinkle finishes that look very Italian supercarish but seeing as it's a GTA I would keep mine standard looking. If it was a regular V6 I would change mine.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looks mint that like. Dunno why you'd want to get rid of the chrome pipes:confused:, rest of it looks superb though imo. :thumbs:
Loving the 'alfa romeo' script on the fuel rails too :cool::thumbs::D
cheers bacon, i got the pipes off a 3.0 ltr, and the chrome was flaking on a couple and rusted pretty bad:cry:, i didnt spray them through choice

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Great work that Rigsby, well done. Try and keep an eye open for replacement chrome pipes and that will look the business.

@jack75: The part itself is cheap, last time I checked on Eper it was under £40 for a new one. You could also try painting it red as mentioned above, here's mine in wrinkle red HERE.

M

·
0 Posts
Mines the same needs a good clean, is there any issue with removing it for cleaning?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Great work that Rigsby, well done. Try and keep an eye open for replacement chrome pipes and that will look the business.

@jack75: The part itself is cheap, last time I checked on Eper it was under £40 for a new one. You could also try painting it red as mentioned above, here's mine in wrinkle red HERE.
Sorry but what is Eper?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Well done JWQ, thats two links I never had. You can only get on the fiat forum one if its 4am and you are exceptionally lucky!!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Eper is the online parts database for Afa/Fiat/Lancia, which also gives recommended prices..
Thanks jwq :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts