Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have check underneath my 147 and noticed that some of the underseal on the car has started to flake and come off with a little bit of rust,

I there any workshops that would clean and re-coat the car, or is this something I would need to do in the garage? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Hi Guys

I have check underneath my 147 and noticed that some of the underseal on the car has started to flake and come off with a little bit of rust,

I there any workshops that would clean and re-coat the car, or is this something I would need to do in the garage? Thanks.
Lucas,
I bought a can of Bardahl (about €10 at local motor factors) and did it myself but I did have access to a 2 post ramp.
I did wirebrush the areas with any surface corrosion first.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lucas,
I bought a can of Bardahl (about €10 at local motor factors) and did it myself but I did have access to a 2 post ramp.
I did wirebrush the areas with any surface corrosion first.
Hi Mufasa

Thanks for the reply,

Ok so would i just need to wire brush then paint or sand/grind it all back to metal then paint, Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a photo of the area on the passanger side floor panel

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This seems to be the only area that needs to be coated

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
This seems to be the only area that needs to be coated

Good hard brushing, perhaps source some sort of rust converter, then spray the other stuff over it.
One can of Bardahl will do to cover most of the underneath, no harm is covering all you can

Reactions: sheener287
1 - 6 of 6 Posts