Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a technical helpline no they know on Alfa UK helpdesk, can,t get into there site

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That number is 0080025320000, when you get through depending what the problem is , they will try and refer you to your local dealer so be ready for a concrete story, I am still waiting for a reply, was after an obsolete part.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
That number is 0080025320000, when you get through depending what the problem is , they will try and refer you to your local dealer so be ready for a concrete story, I am still waiting for a reply, was after an obsolute part.
Pat...I Thought Alfaowner was the help line.:lol:

Pomeo

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MMmm, not for this one unfortuately, unless someone can tell me what makes up the metals for making the bush on an obsolete item?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
MMmm, not for this one unfortuately, unless someone can tell me what makes up the metals for making the bush on an obsolete item?
Any metal left on the old one.....surely we have a metalurgist on AO.

Pomeo

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just take the old part to somebody with a spectrometer and have them do a quick test on it. A lot of colleges etc might oblige to do it free just as an experiment

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I used to work at a university and I know a good materials scients who happens to run a 156! PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address. A photo might be a good start. There are various standard "Oilite" bushes, which are a sintered phosphor bronze-like material impregnated with oil Would that be it?

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I didn,t and Alfa had an attempt to get the part but I got fed up and it was halting the rebuild.Irefitted the part as it was not far out in wear issues so stuck with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts