Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been trying for a while to get hold of alfa, as I want to get my alarm code off them. My local alfa dealer originally told me I needed a code card to do what I needed, but it turns out I need the alarm code (thanks guys - waste of £38).. they then gave me a number to call up alfa uk and complain about the code card being wrong (strange but true) but it didn't ring through. I'm not sure how I can / who I need to get in touch with to get my alarm code? Such a palava! If someone can point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
You can get your alarm code off any franchise dealer mate :)

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
If you don't have any joy with the dealer, PM me your reg & chassis number and I'll email it to my dealer contact who is really helpful :)

D

·
0 Posts
If you don't have any joy with the dealer, PM me your reg
I think the OP is saying he has obtained the code from his dealer but its not correctly recorded by alfa - unless I'm mistaken.

I think this is the second or third thread recently saying this sort of thing.

The question is whether the code has wrongly been recorded by alfa ( and presumably ISR ) or whether someone has changed the ecu/bodycomputer at some point maybe.

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
Yeah, I have a feeling the body computer & ECU has been changed at some point on his car, which is why the Key Code on the code card didn't work. But that isn't what he needed anyway, he needs the alarm code to program a fob to work the alarm, these don't come on a code card, the dealers can just look them up on the computer system and read them out to you over the phone. This should be right still.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I have a feeling the body computer & ECU has been changed at some point on his car, which is why the Key Code on the code card didn't work. But that isn't what he needed anyway, he needs the alarm code to program a fob to work the alarm, these don't come on a code card, the dealers can just look them up on the computer system and read them out to you over the phone. This should be right still.
AFAIK there is only one code for the 147 it programmes both code and alarm. The 156 has the different code and security ( alarm ) codes for sure.

Indeed when I got a new key for my 147 the single 5 digit code did both

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pud you hit the nail on the head - it was a messy post combining the two issues with a bit of a moan :) The keycode was wrong, prob due to change in ecu as you say, and I'm now looking for my alarm code, but really don't want to phone local dealer as they are *insert expletive here* - not sure how you've done everything off one code Dav?

Ok, so.. not sure how this has happened, but just noticed my MOT ran out in October. Need to get it booked in asap (no ****). Should I go to one of these cheap halfords/kwik fit ones for £25ish, or will they just be trying to look for work / damaging my car to cause work?

D

·
0 Posts
Pud you hit the nail on the head - it was a messy post combining the two issues with a bit of a moan :) The keycode was wrong, prob due to change in ecu as you say, and I'm now looking for my alarm code, but really don't want to phone local dealer as they are *insert expletive here* - not sure how you've done everything off one code Dav?

Ok, so.. not sure how this has happened, but just noticed my MOT ran out in October. Need to get it booked in asap (no ****). Should I go to one of these cheap halfords/kwik fit ones for £25ish, or will they just be trying to look for work / damaging my car to cause work?
On the 156 there is a code box near the fusebox at steering wheel and a control box for the alarm in the roof of the boot and two separate sets of codes for alarm/cenral locking and for immob.

As i understand it on the 147 both systems operate through the body computer so only one code.

Could be wrong though :)

Might be worth checking with Chris at Western Alfa in Perth they are very helpful

D

·
0 Posts
Oh and I personally wouldnt go near kf ot hlfrds particularly with a gta, others opinions may differ tho

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't go to halfords for any work, just wondering if their cheap MOT deal is worth taking up :) Pud seems pretty sure there are two codes, and he knows his stuff, so I'll take his word - just phoned up, but apparently they all bugger off home at 12:30 on a sat.

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
Davffc may be right, I'm not 100% sure as its been a while since I've been involved in the workshop with stuff like this on 147s. I know 156s well as I've had so many of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts