Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But the supply makes sense with an intention to start selling road cars in the USA - whereas Maserati are already there

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
FPT are developing a Common Alfa/Ferrari/Lancia V6
Maybe its that one?
All just speculations, but good news any how

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I thought the Ferrari/Maser V8 was more Maser than Ferrari...?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Indycar to become interesting?

Italiaspeed are reporting that Alfa Romeo are one of 5 manufacturers in talks with Indycar about supplying an engine for the series when Hondas contract runs out at the end of next year.

It makes sense to promote the brand for its American re-launch.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Stori :rolleyes:

The latest set of turbo engines are pretty sweet ;)
We have GM motors and revised FIAT motors but no Alfa Motors... ;)

As for Turbo petrol engines...I have yet to drive a Diesel I didn't dislike....there are serious problems here in Australia...Several of the states ban P plate drivers from driving turbo petrol cars so if I had a turbo petrol Alfa Romeo, my daughter who is 18 at the moment would not be able to drive it under any circumstances for the next several years...a 1.4 Turbo Mito is equivalent to aa 6 litre V8 Commodore as far as the Government is concerned and not for P-platers...

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
I thought the Ferrari/Maser V8 was more Maser than Ferrari...?
In reality it is developed by both sets of engineers: they are really one team, sitting under Ferrari, just some of them focus on the Maserati versions and others on the Ferrari versions.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
We have GM motors and revised FIAT motors but no Alfa Motors... ;)

As for Turbo petrol engines...I have yet to drive a Diesel I didn't dislike....there are serious problems here in Australia...Several of the states ban P plate drivers from driving turbo petrol cars so if I had a turbo petrol Alfa Romeo, my daughter who is 18 at the moment would not be able to drive it under any circumstances for the next several years...a 1.4 Turbo Mito is equivalent to aa 6 litre V8 Commodore as far as the Government is concerned and not for P-platers...
Makes Sense :rolleyes:

Slightly off track, I do beleive that no one under 25 should drive anything bigger than 100Hp

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Makes Sense :rolleyes:

Slightly off track, I do beleive that no one under 25 should drive anything bigger than 100Hp
What about a Westfield?

Power to weight would be a better restriction, like they have in Italy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts