Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked to update on the GT racer and the 9-hour. YES we have entered the 9-hour on 12 December at Killarney in Cape Town. It is the first genuine 9-hour race since the late 80's. The GT is in good shape and we will do some pit and team testing in the next few days at Zwartkops. OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION:
- LEGENDS LINING UP FOR KILLARNEY 9-HOUR

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Good luck , Theo and team! I'm sure the Gt is going to continue its winning streak! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I love Killarney 9 hour races! I'm so glad it's back! :yes:

Theo I would like to say hi, and perhaps take a few pics of the car, and perhaps drive in the race for a few hours? :cheese: No... Really... :devious:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Theo, is there perhaps a small miniscule chance that some time next year you could perhaps by chance organize a Giulia QV that maybe does a single lap around a track somewhere in SA? I will fly there to see it! :yes:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Was at the track yesterday, great to hear the GT, easily the best sounding car on track. Any notion I had that arriving at the track in a 458 Speciale would go unnoticed was proven to be quite wrong. Driving past on the Alfa stand on the way out, the 4C spider looked stunning in pale yellow.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Rev limit set at 7800RPM. We came first in production class and 7th overall. 9hrs successfully completed.
:thumbup: congrats all around!

"Cuore Sportivo"

·
Registered
93 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCPXerbcYM

Hi again Theo,
I was there to support you guys, right up to the end. I was the guy lurking in the background cheering you guys on while repairing the damage after the crash and at the very last lap I was on the wall with you guys.
The 4C spider is amazing as well.
Looking forward to seeing you guys again next year. Maybe I could score an invite to the boma too. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Some nice info and full results here:

https://www.facebook.com/TheAfrican6Hour/posts/1113691335309656

17 finishers out of a 32-car entry list.

Looks like Theo and the guys were only beaten by one lap to 6th place (Shelby Can-Am dedicated race-car) overall, only 4 laps to 5th place (Juno SS3 dedicated race car) and only 6 laps to 4th place (Porsche 911 RS). The overall front-runners in Class R and Class V were far ahead, but that's not surprising.

Apparently a crash mid-race too?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts