Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
If you were to research this you would find its all from the same source...a journo for CAR magazine.

Nowhere in any article is a name or representative of FGA or Sergio or Alfa Romeo mentioned.

So where did he hear this?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
If you were to research this you would find its all from the same source...a journo for CAR magazine.

Nowhere in any article is a name or representative of FGA or Sergio or Alfa Romeo mentioned.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

"Over the past couple of years Alfa Romeo has developed the nasty habit of selling re-branded front-wheel drive Fiat hatchbacks as their own cars."

"RWD Alfa Romeos. How does one say "Hallelujah" in Italian?"

Re-branded FIATS

"Alfa Romeo has a history of building stylish and sporty sedans, but their current lineup doesn't reflect this prestigious pedigree."

"Alfa's best chance is to be a VW-rival - and that too might be a long shot "

Dump FWD

Who cares? The FWD joke and Alfa badged FIATS insult lasting almost 30 years is more than enough.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
No we must care who says what. The links you post are people's opinions.

A GQV is a far cry from a re-badged Fiat...seriously.

A MiTo is a far cry from a re-badged Fiat.

Let's not even go to the 147 GTA.

All I'm saying is, if we listened to all the crazy talk from journo's we would be driving something else already. Unless communication comes from AR, and we know this is a hope in its own, I won't even take this with a pinch of salt, I'll drink the whole ocean.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
If info is from the horses mouth, then well and good.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
It's not, it's a made up story.

As for comments about Alfa cars from the last 10+ years, well, if people won't buy new cars, then the company can't develop future models.
Sales of the Mito & Giulietta are the main reason the 4C went into production.

Slagging off everything a manufacturer is doing shows no desire for a brand to have future, only a past.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

As for comments about Alfa cars from the last 10+ years, well, if people won't buy new cars, then the company can't develop future models.

Slagging off everything a manufacturer is doing shows no desire for a brand to have future, only a past.
Very good post.

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts

Top Post :thumbs:
We would still be flying around in bi-planes and using morse code if some people have their way.... Internet ? WHat's that ?
I used my typewriter to write this btw.....

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
We would still be flying around in bi-planes and using morse code if some people have their way.... Internet ? WHat's that ?
Eric ..... Keep calm ...:eek:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Dirk, you are entitled to your opinion. I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion. I'd do anything to own your iconic 3 litre Gtv!
I am very satisfied with my 145 and new Giulietta. I think a company has to evolve.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Just an afterthought... Would the glorious , legendary Alfa marque been relegated to the dustheap, had Fiat not stepped in?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Eric, you should tell me where you get ribbons! Thats why I don't post so much, struggling to find ribbons in CT :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Off topic. Jokes aside! In Russia the Intelligence Bureau is now using typewriters to record State secrets and classified info. That's because typewriters can't be hacked into!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Well 4C RWD
Possible 4C Spider RWD
Duetto co built with Mazda RWD
166 replacement (5 series/ A6 fighter) possibly called (169 or Alfetta) will be based on Maserati Ghibili which is RWD
Giulia (well this is the 3-series/A4 fighter). No word yet on whether it will be FWD or RWD..
And SUV, will be based on a Jeep platform (so if Jeep is RWD then the AR will be RWD in all likelyhood)

Giulietta and Mito will be replaced in 2016, might be replaced with new names or same names will be kept. We dont know yet.. But I doubt that their replacements will be RWD.. Just can not see it happening

Attached a plan outlined October last year:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Off topic. Jokes aside! In Russia the Intelligence Bureau is now using typewriters to record State secrets and classified info. That's because typewriters can't be hacked into!
No, its cause of all the screens being full of tipex, nobody can use them anymore :tut:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Actually IBM golf ball type writers could be hacked. (Monitor its current usage and you can workout which character was selected) a form of hacking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts