Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occurs to me that I've never seen an Alfa being used as a taxi. I guess in Italy they are, but has anyone ever seen an Alfa being used as a taxi outside of Italy?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Nope never seen one !! :(

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Strangely, I saw one a few days ago - a black 156 taxi in Guildford. Hardly the most practical of taxis, especially for anyone with several suitcases wanting a ride to the airport.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep, I had a ride in a 3.0 164 minicab a couple of years back. The driver was a complete nutter though - both wingmirrors had been knocked off and he drove like a maniac!

Got me from Heathrow to Gatwick in about half an hour though!! :lol:

·
Registered
611 Posts
In Ireland I have spotted a few.

I have seen at least 2 166 taxis. Agreed re: Diesel 166's, they would make good taxis, huge boot, and buckets of rear space.

Also I have seen one or two 156 taxis. Funny thing was, they both had luminous stickers on the rear door handles. (this reminds me of a funny story, I must update my member interview). I am sure the taxi drivers were fed up with drunk punters struggling to find the handles at night...

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
There used to be a red 156 SP with a BFOW in Newton Aycliffe... 'til the engine failed and it kind of got abandoned. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
No Alfa taxis over here and haven't seen one in other places either. I'll probably tip the cabbie extra if I'm ever in one. ;) :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is the Giugiaro designed New York taxi, based on the F12 van. It's in the Museo Storico in Arese.

Where I live there's a driving school named 'Alfa', using a.... 156 ;)

Can't imagine a better way to start driving cars....

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Romania has them all :p

Driving school.What's next,a Ferrari?

Taxi in Bucharest.Yellow and all...

It can even tow,just in case!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Taxi to Bucharest please!!!!
:eek:

:cool:

E

·
0 Posts
All Skodas around Dartford, though some have gone upmarket to the 'superb' rather than the Octavia. But better than about ten year back when most minicabs our way were Hyundai Stellars Mmmmmm

·
Registered
677 Posts
Coupe of 156s in Dublin city centre and another wine coloured 156 in the suburbs.
Shame there aint more!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts