Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
His YT channel is one of the better car ones out there. No arrogant kid with a Supercar or some 3 min review of the Giulietta where some moron touches dash plastics instead of driving it.

Amusingly Harry's videos give us an idea of his wealth level. He's one tier below owning hyper cars like the Zonda as he said it wasn't really value for money and sold his one on. Still, to have half the garage he has...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
His YT channel is one of the better car ones out there. No arrogant kid with a Supercar or some 3 min review of the Giulietta where some moron touches dash plastics instead of driving it.

Amusingly Harry's videos give us an idea of his wealth level. He's one tier below owning hyper cars like the Zonda as he said it wasn't really value for money and sold his one on. Still, to have half the garage he has...
I think his reasons for selling weren't due to affordability but rather practicality. Hadn’t he driven something like 30k in it? I’m pretty sure he’s got the wealth to afford hyper cars but rather doesn’t see the attraction in them. He buys cars because he wants to drive them rather than for prestige, unlike certain other You Tubers I can think off? MrJWW for one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think his reasons for selling weren't due to affordability but rather practicality. Hadn’t he driven something like 30k in it? I’m pretty sure he’s got the wealth to afford hyper cars but rather doesn’t see the attraction in them. He buys cars because he wants to drive them rather than for prestige, unlike certain other You Tubers I can think off? MrJWW for one.
Maybe but he did mention a year of Zonda ownership was eye watering, upwards of 100k for nothing much in particular wrong with it and said something like a Lambo Countach was just as enjoyable but for a fraction of the price. I guess if he can afford that sort of garage then he could easily condense into fewer hyper cars if he chose to. Besides the amount of links he has in the industry seems to imply he is never too far away from something ultra exotic! Being ex EVO boss etc.

He had an old Alfa Spider at one point but might have sold it and his son has a Giulietta QV, also from what he owns it's clear he has a soft spot for Italians. He's got a genuine passion for cars rather than any sort of pretences about posing in 20 plate Bugatti or whatever yes (y)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Yeh he recently sold the Spider for a tidy sum of around £45k, shame as I was hoping to see him do another tour of Italy in it like last year.
I do love his videos tho, there’s a sense of real world about them even tho he’s driving some pretty spectacular motors.
He also comes across like a really nice guy, the type who would be willing tell a yarn or two over a coffee if you bump into him on a fast road somewhere. I’ll forgive him for selling the Alfa 😂😊

·
Registered
209 Posts
Always quite enjoy Harry and his car reviews.
Enjoy
I did (y) I think I saw this SZ in the same mag Harry had - I was early 20s looking for my 1st car so "getting into cars", buying lots of magazines. This SZ was "oh wow!" and I knew right then one day I'd own an Alfa. Aw poo I've just gone all leaky eyed and sentimental. Up until then I don't think I'd heard of Alfa. My parents had Morris Minor, VW Variant, Allegro, Renault 4+2CV...those ilk of cars, so seeing that Alfa was "OMG".

A nice unexpected trip down memory lane - that SZ is why I'm here :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
The SZ could just be the most sensible Alfa ever:

• Busso V6
  • Won’t rust
  • Won’t depreciate
Cheers for the vid Jparkin 😉

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Great little video that. Used to love reading Harry's bits in Evo. Oh man that exhaust note makes me hanker for a V6 GTV again!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
Reactions: jparkin486

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just found these on my computer...

Was a SZ outside Alfa Workshop years ago when I got my car serviced there.

Did gawp at it quite awhile, guess I'm lucky enough to have actually seen one for real.

·
Registered
37,896 Posts
I remember Black And White Garage having an RZ in the showroom at one stage.

At the time my dad was looking at buying a new GTV V6 from them, and I hate to say it the RZ didn't get much attention compared to those new (at the time) phase 2 GTV's with aerokit and Teledial wheels.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had 2 at one of the local Alfa/Italian car meets last year. There was red one (I'll dig out the pictures they are on my other computer) and a yellow one turn up together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts