Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Alfa...Firstly don't sell a car that needs its rear brakes replacing because of a factory fault!

Secondly don't bring the car back after replacing them with a F*****g scratch on the Bonnet, and a Kirbed Alloy.

:mad:

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
Reading between the lines..... i'm guessing ya not too happy lad

·
Super Moderator
44,737 Posts
I realise this is the rant room, but do you think you could have been a bit more grown up about the thread title?

Also, that swear word is not acceptable. You haven't starred it out, you've just put a star in the middle. I can't edit in here, and there don't appear to be any mods who can online at the mo. I'd appreciate it if you'd get rid of it yourself.

R

·
0 Posts
Alfa...Firstly don't sell a car that needs its rear brakes replacing because of a factory fault!

Secondly don't bring the car back after replacing them with a Fu*cking scratch on the Bonnet, and a Kirbed Alloy.

:mad:
What was the factory fault and was it just on your car or should I be worried ?
Make them fix the scratch and get a new alloy if it was them, and you can prove it was them.

J

·
0 Posts
The brakes i can't comment on....the damage however is out of order...

if possible i would return the car to the dealer, point out the issues and give them a chance to rectify them, they should deal with this in a responsible manner and get someone like chips away to sort both out...

unless they have taken a huge chunk out of the wheel it is unreasonable to expect them to replace the wheel, you stand a better chance of getting a repair.

My only other advice would be to chill a bit before going in there. Going in all guns blasing will not win you friends, if you talk to them, get them on your side and ask them what they are going to do to rectify this you have a better chance of winning.

if they dont play ball, then go in there all guns blasing ;)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The brakes i can't comment on....the damage however is out of order...

if possible i would return the car to the dealer, point out the issues and give them a chance to rectify them, they should deal with this in a responsible manner and get someone like chips away to sort both out...

unless they have taken a huge chunk out of the wheel it is unreasonable to expect them to replace the wheel, you stand a better chance of getting a repair.

My only other advice would be to chill a bit before going in there. Going in all guns blasing will not win you friends, if you talk to them, get them on your side and ask them what they are going to do to rectify this you have a better chance of winning.

if they dont play ball, then go in there all guns blasing ;)
I dont really mind what they do...the issue is returning the car in that condition...If they had said we did the following bla bla...then fine. But instead they'd rather send it back see if anyone notices.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realise this is the rant room, but do you think you could have been a bit more grown up about the thread title?.

Dont fancy being grown up too annoyed for that.

Also, that swear word is not acceptable. You haven't starred it out, you've just put a star in the middle. I can't edit in here, and there don't appear to be any mods who can online at the mo. I'd appreciate it if you'd get rid of it yourself.
Done that bit.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update...

They said the car was unable to be checked for scratches due to dirt on the outside...Now this car hasn't been driven anywhere but roads, and wasn't that dirty...Sounds like excuses to me.

They are going to check the CCTV to see if anyone approched the car.

Rediculous

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Update...

They said the car was unable to be checked for scratches due to dirt on the outside...Now this car hasn't been driven anywhere but roads, and wasn't that dirty...Sounds like excuses to me.

They are going to check the CCTV to see if anyone approched the car.

Rediculous
*ridiculous

grow up

J

·
0 Posts
i don't disbelieve what you are saying, but the dealer may, as such you have got to be persuasive and really drive home the issue that your car did not have this damage on it prior to the work being carried out....

this may mean you having to write letters, take pics etc, but if that's whats required then go for it.

R

·
0 Posts
When did you first notice the problems and bring them to their attention? Hopefully it was at the dealers. If it was only after you got home then the dealers will need to make a leap of faith to believe that they did not happen afterwards. There are just as many dodgy customers as dodgy dealers and that sometimes clouds their thinking on issues of trust.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When did you first notice the problems and bring them to their attention? Hopefully it was at the dealers. If it was only after you got home then the dealers will need to make a leap of faith to believe that they did not happen afterwards. There are just as many dodgy customers as dodgy dealers and that sometimes clouds their thinking on issues of trust.
Well i told them as soon as they delivered it as i checked the car when it arrived.

R

·
0 Posts
Well i told them as soon as they delivered it as i checked the car when it arrived.
Good, you should be OK then. They will still consider the possibility that it was damaged earlier but, given that they did not note any damage themselves, I would have thought they are unlikely to pursue that line (unless you appear obviously untrustworthy). I think you will have a happy ending.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well after a phone call with the Manager at Marshalls at 9.30 this morning...I was told in no uncertain terms that they don't believe the service department did the damage...although they have no proof and also that the CCTV shows noone apporching the car while it was left outside.

Well to be honest thats not fine with me because I know the damage wasn't there when they took it.

So I sent a quick email through the Marshalls feedback form on the website...And I have to say this is the third time I have had to do this to get anything done...But Im still impressed with the response you get.

I got a phonecall around 1 hour later...From the General Manager for Marshalls Hertfordshire...He basically explained that they accept no liability for the damage...which is still basically calling me a liar...however they are willing to "help me out" and repair the damage because of the serveral issues I have had with it so far.

Although they accept no liability I am very pleased with the response because atleast the damage gets repaired, they all probably think im the biggest pain in the a$$ but...First brand new car...I want it to be kept perfect for aslong as possible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts