Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is yours Gulietta Red? My 155tb is also - and it seems to attract stone chips. Have flagged with Alfa in advance of its 1st service so will keep you posted. Maybe you could add the colours and see if certain ones are more prone.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is yours Gulietta Red? My 155tb is also - and it seems to attract stone chips. Have flagged with Alfa in advance of its 1st service so will keep you posted. Maybe you could add the colours and see if certain ones are more prone.
You are right I should have included colours and would like to include milage as well, however I ran out of options and this is my third attempt at a poll, the mods will get fed up with me in a minute as they have to keep deleting them.

I will see how this one goes and if the Mito comes at worse than the other Alfa's perhaps we can try one specific to our model only and include colours.

What I would like to get to is some sensable statistics we can use with the dealers under warrenty.

My main grip is we all accept stone chips as a fact of life but I feel it's the shear number than indicates something is not right with the paint process.

Well that's the theory, will see how the poll pan's out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 155TB is Giulietta Red. Done 4000 miles, a mixture of trunk and country roads, and the paintwork is completely un-blemished.
A number of years ago I had a new Honda Accord which I had Superguarded. Less than a month old, a lorry in front of me threw up a huge stone onto my bonnet and left a nasty crack in the paintwork. A year later I had the car valeted, and the valet simply polished out the 'crack'. He told me that Superguard was brilliant at protecting the paintwork from stones etc.

So ever since, I've always had my cars superguarded. Maybe that's why the paintwork on my Mito is fine.

G

·
Where are the stone-chips? I've got a couple on the front by 6,000 miles, but nothing I'd say was out of the ordinary, and it's red too, not that colour should make any difference as the stones on the road seem to be colour-blind from experience...

It'll not be new forever...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
trust me...if it's anything like my 159, it will be terrible after 22000 miles :cry:
Dealer has told me it's not covered by warranty....right, we'll see what FGA has to say about that ay.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My MiTo's paint seems to be microns thin. I think if I stare at it too long it might show the primer below it.
like one of those 3d pictures that were popular in the 90's, i've still got one, if you relax and stare at it long enough a picture forms within the picture

1 - 11 of 11 Posts