Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The final round of the CTR ALFATUNE AROC SPRINT SERIES takes place on Saturday the 15th October at Blyton Park in Lincolnshire

Blyton Park Driving Centre: Motorsport Centre for Driving Experiences, Track Days, Motorsport and Corporate Events in Gainsbourgh, UK

Booking is now available here if you would like to attend:

AROC 15th October 2011 - Blyton Park

As we are at the end of the season there is still every opportunity to win a class award and the championship standings are not all decided, so don’t miss out on what could be your last chance to take part in this series.

The last round at Croft proved that Diesel is actually better than Petrol as the overall fastest time was set by a Standard Spec Ducati Corse 147, easily beating a q2'd 147 GTA.

More info and details about the series can be found here (You dont have to be an AROC member to take part)

http://www.aroc-uk.com/motorsport/sprint-cup.aspx

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is no one interested in this series at all on here?

I mean its Alfa's on a race track?

They are not unobtainable race prepared monsters, they are standard and modified road cars driven by enthusiastic owners not professional racing drivers?

Its all about having fun in your Alfa and seeing what it can do, and how it compares to other Alfa's?

Its not expensive and you don't need an MSA licence, so its really accessible for everybody with a full driving licence.

I am stunned by the lack of response or comment :confused:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hi flameout,sounds interesting, unfortunately on airport duties for the mother in law :( or I could be tempted, even in a 1.6 twinny :lol: Was the diesel 147 that much better handling or was it down to the driver?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a 156 1.6 at the start of the season at Rockingham :cool:

The Diesel 147 seems to handle really well without the wallow of the V6, plus the low down torque really pulls the car out of the corners...(The owner is an excellent driver though which does help ;))

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I would love to get involved next season, will do a bit of research. I'm no racing driver but will give it a good go. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The point of the series is you don't need to be a racing driver, but if you are its not a problem either...

This is grass roots motor sport for the enthusiast, you don't need a fat wallet, a big team or lots of investment, all you need is a an Alfa, a full driving licence and a helmet (If you haven't got a helmet you can even rent one on the day!)

It doesn't get any more accessible than that :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
I might have a run over to Blyton on Sat to spectate and see how it all works, what sort of timetable of events is there Flame Out, runs in the morning or afternoon? I notice that Toyota have a sprint series there too is this run at the same time? I would hate to travel over for the afternoo session and find it all over :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Can you pay on the day Flame Out or do you need to book?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Alfarian

You have to pre-book as there is no payment facility on the day, timetable is usually:

07:00 Start of Scruitineering/sign on
09:00 Drivers Brief
09:30 Sighting laps
09:45 Start of runs
12:00 Lunch
13:00 Afternoon runs

The Alfa's will be running all day, spectating is usually £5, the event is shared with the TOYOTA's but they can be quite entertaining, especially the 800bhp Celica (the orange one from Goodwood FOS)

Forgot to say that there is an IOPD race licence, but they can be bought on the day for a £5 (basicaly exempts you from the road traffic act so you can go out and have fun on the track!)

·
Registered
923 Posts
this sounds really interesting to me! If i can lay my hands on a spare bella that i don't mind ragging to death i may get involved next season!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts