Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost fell off my chair when I clicked onto Autocar this morning and looked at the 'Breaking News' article.. Breaking news it's not! One mans perception hardly constitutes as news.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Was in the mag too. I was also surprised at the Spiders inclusion. Sure, it may not have been the best car of the decade, but there sure was a whole lot worse launched in the last 10years. And this was written by Richard Bremner who is meant to be an Alfa supporter, he's even tuned up at AROC Surrey meets in the past.
I guess he's written it from an expectation vs reality point of view and the expectation of any Alfa (in Autocar at least) always seems to be way higher than it should be, to the point of never being able to meet it.

K

·
0 Posts
It's a stupid list. A lot of the cars on it are guilty of nothing more than being slightly unorthodox. They aren't bad as such, they just weren't what people wanted to buy.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
that stilo verdict peed me off:mad: hes casting his wisdom over the 5dr, yet the 3dr received lots of praise. its a good car when looked after:rant: ar$e:rant:

maestro!!:rant::mad:

·
Registered
733 Posts
The whole thing seemed to feature cars that failed to make manufacturers' hoped for sales targets, that didn't mean that they were bad cars, simply that they didn't appeal to the buying public, and whose fault was that? I considered an Alfa Spider, but would have wanted it for foreign travel among other things, and the hopeless lack of carrying capacity was the deciding factor, in almost every other respect, I loved it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts