Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hot sunny Sunday at the annual Police Gala Day held at the Norfolk show ground. What a great day out.
100’s upon 100’s of classic cars polished and gleaming, car clubs representing TVR, Triumph, MG, Lotus, Ford, Fiat, Ferrari and many more. American cars, street racers and 100’s of individual cars additionally entered into the BBC Radio Norfolk Rally, and ONE ALFA SPIDER.

This show gets bigger and bigger each year, why no Alfa’s?
Alfa Romeo was the only club not represented at this huge show.

Could we not plan something for 2009 and fly the flag.
Did anyone else go this year?

Some comments and debate would be welcome.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
similar case at the Classic Car show down at Leeds Castle ... only 2 Spiders on show ... although there was a few of us from the south east in the car park but not in 'classics'

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Our local classic car show, and the one at Tatton Park (both decent sized ones) - not ONE Alfa. I do wonder why?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, tried to organise a spot for Alfas but no reply from Radio Norfolk until about the fifth reminder, then too late and they don't organise the club plots. That's done by the Plod so you need to do a risk assessment! However, yes, one Sportwagon crept in but one occupant was selling ice cream but other Alfas there too if you looked around.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its nice to know you tried. We could have another go.
One of my neighbours is a police inspector for Norfolk Constabulary. (No comments please)

Should I investigate a club plot for next year?
( I'll do the risk assessment)
I could find out more info if anyone is interested.
Comments please.

If not I will be on the Norfolk Classic Car Club plot next year as the S3 will be coming out of hibernation in May.

·
Banned
90 Posts
We would be interested in exploring the possibillity of sharing a plot with the owners club to show Alfa's past and present. We had such a fantastic reaction at the Royal Norfolk Show and the Lions Club this year.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will speak to my neighbour and find out some info.

Will keep you all posted.
(Should I go through PaulR on this?)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update for all.

According to the EDP (local paper) over 20,000 people attended the Police Gala day last year. In fact, it was so successful the police have decided they will no longer hold the event even though it raised thousands of pounds for charity.

They stated it was originally started as a show to make people aware of the police and the work they carry out for the community and had now grown to large. Instead they are considering organising group visits to the local police control centre.

That’ll be a good day out for the family!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts