Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have bought a 2007 spider as a project car and it came with 255 35 20 wheels.

I feel they are a bit too wide (although makes the car have a good stance) and because the clearance between the wheel lining doesn't inspire much confidence and there is evidence of wheel rub.

What would your advice be? Could I go down to say 245 35 20 or even stay with the 255 but lower profile to 30? Yes the ride is harsh but that doesn't bother me too much!

Does the spider have wider wheels at the back as standard?

Thoughts very much appreciated

·
Registered
321 Posts
You would be best inputting the standard tyre sizes into a tyre size calculator website and compare measurements with what you have now -so it would give you an idea of how far you are out and where you want to be.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Spider and all 159/Brera have same wheels front and back from factory. The biggest factory size was 235/40R19 on 8x19 rims and 41 offset. You could try some 235/35R20… but the tyres must be chosen according to the rim size. So before buying new tyres, you will need to find out the exact size (width and offset) of your rims. And, maybe those rims just don't fit the Spider, if they are too wide to fit in the wheel well.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Any chance of a side pic leeroy777?
Be great to see a Spider with 20'' wheels, I don't think I've seen one before.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I saw a 159 with 20 inch Stelvio wheels on a couple of weeks back. Looked ok...but he tyres looked wrong being so low profile. I spoke to the owner...they had come of his own Stelvio as he had gone up to 22 inch on that! It was nice to hear that he thought his 10 year old derv 159 was much nicer to drive than his 6 month old petrol Stelvio!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tyre calculator has helped see what the fine differences are! I still need to check the alloy size though and see what will fit..

Sure lussoman, but they aren't the best photos!

Ps the holes in the bonnet are not my doing!!

Going for a front end respray in a few weeks

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
I remember that v6 spider for sale because of the vents in the bonnet. I thought he had put the wrong wheel size in the advert, but it would appear not.
Will be nice when its back on the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I remember that v6 spider for sale because of the vents in the bonnet. I thought he had put the wrong wheel size in the advert, but it would appear not.
Will be nice when its back on the road.
Aye I hope so! And yes V6 Q4! I was going to purchase a used bonnet but transporting the thing would be a little difficult shall we say.

So I've decided to keep the vents...

I have taken away the chrome on the headlights spraying satin black and the wing mirrors have gone to gloss black as the red was peeling off but not too bad!

Also interior centre console has been sprayed black too, so I wasn't a fan of the silver.

But back to the topic, I have 8J alloy wheels so apparently the min tyre width is 215 and the max is 245....so potential 245s on the cards

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts