Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope you can help me check and source a lock for the car. I have a box of bits and the glove box lock was broke. I have a old one which is broke at the back and at the front is black plastic and looks as though it twists 90 deg when installed.
I wonder if anyone can confirm if the lock is the correct one?
where can i get one with keys?

thanks Vince

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi, yes that's the right lock, it twists anti clockwise to open.

I can't see them listed but a call to highwood or classicalfa might turn something up?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i have bid and sent a message if they will send to uk. I guess i should have asked just for the lock as the other parts are no good to me and look damaged. but thanks for the help.
Vincenzo

·
Registered
20 Posts
I rebuit mine which was also broken. You can source replacement lock barrels and keys in the UK in matched pairs from (from memory) EB Spares in Westbury. Unfortunately, they weren't able to supply 4 matched (2 x doors, boot release, glove box), so I had to settle for two pairs. I had to modify the lock slightly to get it to fit, but worked fine eventually.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Jonathan
EB list the door locks but not the glove box. i did contact them but they could nto supply one. the only problem i have is the lock body is broke...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have just fixed it. popped into classic alfa in Streatham as it is local to me. Bought a second hand lock and drilled out the pin that holds the lock in. changed barrels and now i have a glove box that works with keeping the keys the same. i just checked and the key for the rest of the car and it fits the boot lock inside and both my doors are the same.
I did not know if i had matching keys throughout. the only shame is the keys are silica blanks. must see if i can get some alfa key blanks to make up.
thanks all for your help and suggestions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts