Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there!

The weather has been great and my mid-life crisis got the better of me so i bought a 1999 spider a few weeks ago...it's great fun :)

My first Alfa was a little red 33, lovely car.
My second is a 156 facelift, I still have this one as I can't get the kids and the shopping in the spider :lol:

Good to be part of the forum, can't wait to get chatting.

Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cool.:thumbs: I'd do the same except I had a 944 turbo and blew the engine up! So it would be a bit difficult to justify another exotic to the Missus. Anyway the 156 is a nice work around.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The turbo imploded (or exploded) and threw bits of metal into the engine. Unfortunatley, we were looking at moving at the time due to the job situation, so I Ebay'd it. I was gutted as I really liked that car. Anyhow the wife's car was on it's last legs so I bought the Alfa cheap. I don't do many miles now so it's nice to have a quick blast in the Alfa. I really like it. It has a couple of annoyances but it went flew though the MOT a couple of days ago so I can't grumble too much. oh yeah and we didn't have to move in the end - which was great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh, another thing - I didn't know much about Alfa's at the time but I might have waited for a face lift model to come available as I like the look of the front.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi all

he stevey 396,
sad to hear about the impoding 944 turbo...was and still is a very quick car. My 156 is first series of the facelift - 2002, with the old front grill and revamped interior, it's up for an MOT next week it should be ok 'cos she gets spoilt by me:)

Hi nigelread
Thanks for your message, I'll up load some photos when I've out how the site works:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts