Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I currently have a Alfa spider 1989 in silver, professionally converted to right hand drive with new sills fitted.

I'm going to sell the car on as it isn't being used and I want someone to enjoy the car rather it sitting in my garage!

Does anyone know someone who would be interested in buying it or can point me in the right direction to get it sold.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
A classified ad on here and sites such as car and classic but eBay will probably give the most exposure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Without an MOT and in need of restoration they can be seen for as little as £2-3,000. With an MOT, and receipts for recent work then several thousand, and best examples with low mileage / respray are asking £10k+. Though of course asking isn't the same as getting. As we approach summer more are up for sale.

I'm still saving up so I expect it will be out of my price range, but good luck.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Weren't all those (year) models converted to RHD, does anybody know exactly which series/years?
I wouldn't see this as a negative more an observation.

Did this model get a galvanised chassis, or was that the S4? (Selling point)

Any recent documented structural repairs (sills, floors, arches) will increase the value of your car immensely. Take good clear pictures and make sure it's clean (inside and out). List any known issues and all the service history, modifications (wheels, suspension, etc) that you're aware off.

These cars are bought by enthusiasts and a narrative describing its (happy) life is essential.

Price will vary wildly based upon condition and history. Post up some pictures so we can see!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Check the usual places classic cars are advertised and see what you are up against.
Be honest with your description and realistic with the asking price.
The time is right to sell open top sports cars. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts