Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just gonna through this on here before putting it anywhere else.

I realise that a staggered set of 18"s is not everyone's cup of tea, but nevertheless they are a beautiful wheel and look good on any colour guilia ... and those folk considering a winter tyre right now could have a fresh set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 3's ready to go for the summer.

Alternatively if your mapping your Super to Veloce bhp, you might want a bit more meat at the back end.

That's my sales pitch done :D so onto the Item :smash:

4 x Genuine Alfa Romeo (Code 68P) staggered 8J/9J wheels fitted with New Alfa Romeo Homologated Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric Run Flat 225/45/18 8J (Fronts) 255/40/18 9J (Rears).

Complete with TPMS Sensors / Genuine Alfa Centre Caps / Balanced and ready to bolt on.

They'd have to be collected from the Croston area of Lancs but I could also bring them into Trafford Park or meet anywhere in-between within reason.

Price £1,200 ... that's £300 a corner and £700's worth of Rubber.

Any Questions just ask

Cheers

Dave M

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be possible to have a courier collect?
Hi ... I have somebody from here interested in the wheels right now, they plan to pay a deposit later.

If the circumstances change I will let you know, as Yes a courier collection would be a possibility :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deposit now taken - thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dave, after your post it got me thinking that I could do the same as I am buying the Quad alloys when I get a Veloce and I have no interest in having spare for winter tyres / wheels. You sold them in no time! Probably that sales pitch :thumbs:

What made you pay extra for the 5 hole Speciale alloys when speccing, if you knew you were going to sell?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What made you pay extra for the 5 hole Speciale alloys when speccing said:
Hi mate, to be totally honest, it was never my intention to buy the 19" alloys when I originally spec'd the car ... I just got sucked in by the Veloce Alloys thread on here.

I'd already seen the Speciale alloys in the flesh and liked them, at the time the upgrade was only £350 on the configurator, and in my head, that's what I was having or so I thought.

I was a bit skeptical as to whether they'd sell or not with them being staggered, but some folk do like winter wheels, some places it's a requirement so I wasn't altogether shocked that they went so quickly.
I thought they were a good price, broken down the price would probably be a good few hundred quid more, but I've got some in the pot towards my next set of tyres, so i'm more than happy.

I guess the question for you is, which style would sell better if you're going down the Quad alloy route, given that the Dark alloys are now £595.

Have to say they are lush though, I've had loads of comments about the car, but the comments always finish with "and those wheels ... and that spoiler" 2 things that added by myself, so I must've got something right :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your pics :D

Cheers

Reactions: Millvi

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi mate, to be totally honest, it was never my intention to buy the 19" alloys when I originally spec'd the car ... I just got sucked in by the Veloce Alloys thread on here.

I'd already seen the Speciale alloys in the flesh and liked them, at the time the upgrade was only £350 on the configurator, and in my head, that's what I was having or so I thought.

I was a bit skeptical as to whether they'd sell or not with them being staggered, but some folk do like winter wheels, some places it's a requirement so I wasn't altogether shocked that they went so quickly.
I thought they were a good price, broken down the price would probably be a good few hundred quid more, but I've got some in the pot towards my next set of tyres, so i'm more than happy.

I guess the question for you is, which style would sell better if you're going down the Quad alloy route, given that the Dark alloys are now £595.

Have to say they are lush though, I've had loads of comments about the car, but the comments always finish with "and those wheels ... and that spoiler" 2 things that added by myself, so I must've got something right :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your pics :D

Cheers
Thanks Dave

Can't see the turbines being too popular at selling on but if I get anything for them it will be better than having them sat in the garage.

No doubt I am getting Quad style although all the 18's do look better in the metal than the terrible configurator mock ups.

I have also contemplated throwing a thread on here to see if anyone wanted me to spec a specific alloy for them before my order is locked down and agreeing a price. Maybe those after the 19" diamond cut that ordered a Giulia before they were available.... not sure what's best at the minute.

Spoke to Russell at Beechdale and going to go down for an extended test drive in the next couple of weeks. All being well I will be signing up there and then! Just need to decide on a colour :scratchchin:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks Dave

Can't see the turbines being too popular at selling on but if I get anything for them it will be better than having them sat in the garage.

No doubt I am getting Quad style although all the 18's do look better in the metal than the terrible configurator mock ups.

I have also contemplated throwing a thread on here to see if anyone wanted me to spec a specific alloy for them before my order is locked down and agreeing a price. Maybe those after the 19" diamond cut that ordered a Giulia before they were available.... not sure what's best at the minute.

Spoke to Russell at Beechdale and going to go down for an extended test drive in the next couple of weeks. All being well I will be signing up there and then! Just need to decide on a colour :scratchchin:
One word....

Misano

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You won’t go far wrong with Russell, they’ve sold 200 cars this year, sorted out my new plate and put my old one on retention, I tweaked my order loads of times before it finally went in ... and he then got me more money off when the new dealer contributions came out ... couldn’t fault him or the other staff there.
Told me that somebody had the 19” Quad style alloys fitted and just left the 18”s at the dealers ... I couldn’t believe it.
I have to say the Vesuvio Grey is better than I ever imagined ... I love blue cars but my last 2 have been blue so I gave the lovely Misano a miss.
Looking forward to reading about your decision

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
391 Posts
You won’t go far wrong with Russell, they’ve sold 200 cars this year, sorted out my new plate and put my old one on retention, I tweaked my order loads of times before it finally went in ... and he then got me more money off when the new dealer contributions came out ... couldn’t fault him or the other staff there.
Told me that somebody had the 19” Quad style alloys fitted and just left the 18”s at the dealers ... I couldn’t believe it.
I have to say the Vesuvio Grey is better than I ever imagined ... I love blue cars but my last 2 have been blue so I gave the lovely Misano a miss.
Looking forward to reading about your decision

Hi
Like you I have vesuvio, tan leather and yellow callipers- I love the combination!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Like you I have vesuvio, tan leather and yellow callipers- I love the combination!

You will not be disappointed, it’s a gorgeous metallic colour. Can’t wait to get mine detailed at the end of the month, until then unfortunately it’s getting grubbier by the day as I won’t be washing it until then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts