Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a 2002 Alfa 166 which is a private purchase. Previously had company 156 (new shape) and 147 (original model). Should really know better but cannot find anything worth the cash like an alfa. Still happy despite the regular bills :)

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Hello there, out off all the three cars, whats ya fav, disregaring the costs. Nice to see someone trying the range, whats next? Only ever had 156's, but keep getting the erge to look at 166's cause of the lush interior

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of them all the 166 is definately better built and can still shift when youre in the mood (or running late). The 156 was the veloce sport pack with a suspension that quite literally induced our first kids arrival. The 147 was by far the most fun to drive, but the 3*** encap crash rating means I can't consider it now with 2 kids - have you seen the crash test on you tube? It just bursts open like a coke can?

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Grim, no I haven't, but I have seen a rare video of the 156 crash test, but I don't know what n-cap it got, It cant be much better, what engine did you have in the 156 out of intrest? I never diven the 166, but thought it was too big for me, and was a bit worried about handling like a boat on the twisty stuff, but I hope Im wrong

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Alfa sinner reply

The 156 was a 2.0, never really seemed to get into its stride and was dogged with electrical warning lights which the dealer duly reset every fortnight. Also before I left my last job the entire paint job started to become rough, dealer handed me a quote for £3.5K to fully respray the car. It was a bad one.

The 166 had 50K on the clock when I first bought it a year ago, full leather interior, electric heated seats and a full service history. 20K later and its had £1100 spent on it, but for the £5K I paid for it I still feel its proved to be good value, considering the standard of car which does feel like a £23K exec saloon, again if you want to see how it drives goto you tube.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I still think the 166 has one of the best interiors, it's gorgeous. Welcome to the forum :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts