Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know this already but.....
just read Auto Express, which has a picture of an Alfa on the front It's called the Evoluta. It actually looks a bit like the Merc or Honda S200 roadster thingy from the front. The back is a kinda notch back like "Eleanor" in "Gone in 60 seconds", looks really aggressive.
Anyway, due to go on sale in 2006, it is set to rival the Porsche 911 and be priced about the same :( .
It's based on a Maserati and has RWD :D , they are developing RWD versions of the 156,166 and GTV.
Engine wise.......either the GTA's 3.2litre V6 with a supercharger (excess of 400bhp) :D or.........a 4.0litre V8 developed along with GM :( . So you may end up with a nice car with an American thirsty and lazy V8 eek! .

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seen a few foto's of this, its gorgeous :cool:

Origonal rumours reckoned it was going to be fitted with a Maser V8, hope they stick to the Alfa unit now :(

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eek! "According to Auto Express it will be the first of future Alfas that will switch from front to rear-wheel drive. The next 156, 166 and GTV will also be rear-wheel driven."

This is what I was waiting for. Alfa is back in the Sportscar League! Someone recognized that 250 bhp fwd is not the optimum of driving experience!
Now it´s up to me to earn enough money in the next three years to afford this kind of Italian Porsche beater - I think I´ll become a criminal, which often happens to addicted anyway. :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think the courts will start asking for psychlogical assessment and offer counselling for Alfa addiction and the criminal behaviour it induces to fund the habit?

I hope so eek!

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed
Evoluta looks great.
Also fantastic news that Alfa are developing RWD platforms.Perhaps they have realised there is a caping hole in the market for RWD cars. BMW and Porsche have it all to themselves at the moment and not everyone wants to drive a BMW or can afford a Porsche.
With Mazda and Seat producing good sporting FWD cars Alfa needed to reposition itself as a 'serious' sports car manufacturer.
BMW, watch out....

·
Registered
601 Posts
[FLAMESUIT] I have to say, apart from the rear lights, I am not smitten with the styling of the Evoluta [/FLAMESUIT]

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone has fotos of this car to post???

RWD!!!!!!!!!! ABOUT I/&((&/( TIME!!!!!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Wow Wow Wow :D !!!!!!!

Question as usual..HOW MUUCH$$$..

If they do a V6 version it will be within our reach.. wink if we all get raises, big fat bonuses, sell the wife (G/F), dog, cat, kids, and take out a new morgage..BUT what the hell..i can live with that....hmmm can you pawn your wife and kid??

N

1 - 9 of 9 Posts