Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Worked out how to post a thread now!!:rolleyes:

Has anyone had any dealings with AlfaTech in Northampton... and what did you think, need cambelt service etc and over half the price of Motorvogue.. who do a good job but are expensive and not good at customer service!!

Thanks

AJ

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Intaservices in Leicester are great and not that far away. Also, Jamie Porter gets lots of good "press".

Motorvauge are OK ;) But why pay the earth for an OK job :confused:

Worth travelling for excellent service IMHO:D

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Get yourself down the A14 to JPs.. If I can make the journey from Peterborough you can from Northampton.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi everyone,

Worked out how to post a thread now!!:rolleyes:

Has anyone had any dealings with AlfaTech in Northampton... and what did you think, need cambelt service etc and over half the price of Motorvogue.. who do a good job but are expensive and not good at customer service!!

Thanks

AJ
Dont go to Alfatech if you value your car and your pocket!!!

The guy used to do business in Luton, but has closed around my parts for a reason.....he run out of customers to rip off as nobody (inlcuding myself) would go back after the first and last painful encounter.

He charged me 3 hrs labour for welding a downpipe which was actually 20minutes of actual work as the rest of the time he spent on the phone in his office! And all this whilst I was there watching whats going on. They burnt my windscreen wiper motor when they took it for a test drive and tried to blame it on me when his guy came back with smoke pouring out from under the bonnet and attempted to get me to drive off in the rain with no wipers! :rant:

One of his main guys from Luton is now my mechanic and you wouldnt believe the horror stories I have heard.

Dont touch with a barge pole!

Hum

·
Registered
10 Posts
I could tell you a few horror stories based on my experience with this chap! I will be careful considering I am in dispute with him presently.

Do not touch this man or garage with a barge pole - seconded.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Donald's of Peterborough, give out the right message for attention. They are AO members as well, and post here periodically.:):

·
Registered
949 Posts
Northants Alfa in Wellingborough are good. Mark there did my Cambelt, give him a shout he may well do you a deal.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I second AHs comments on Northants Alfa.

They serviced my 156 once and it was obvious thay went the extra mile.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Northantsalfa are my garage of choice as well, 5 min up the road from me and very good. Mark is an enthusiast and their prices are very good as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know about Northants Alfa's pricing, as the service that I had on my 156 was a prize at the South Mids AROC Concours.

I guess that only goes to show what a good guy Mark is - to donate services as prizes and then do a top notch job.:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
That reminds me Phil. Mark still owes us a service on the GT due to our 2007 fun concours win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts