Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you already know this then I apologise. I just had to have the wiper motor changed on my 159 and whilst talking to Keith at Monza Sport, he pointed out that, for some reason, Alfa Romeos dont have an overload cut out on the wiper motor. So in freezing conditions, if the wiper blades get stuck to the windscreen, trying to operate the wipers to free the blades can burn out the motor. It is unlikely that this has been the reason for my motor failure as I will always free the wipers by lifting them on freezing mornings, thats after I have doused the screen in de-icer.

I'm a little surprised that the fuse doesn't blow, and maybe a lower rated fuse may be a good move.

Just thought I'd pass this bit of information on. Happy Christmas.:)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
useful

I always defrost at home with a bucket of cold water followed by a jug of -just- warm water

I hate de-icer fluid as it causes ice to form inside (the latent heat for the phase change from ice to liquid has to come from somewhere, so the screen drops 3 to 5C colder and that forms hard ice inside)

M

·
0 Posts
On the Mondeo I use the quick clear screen function.......I'm not smug though because there are a series of elements that after 15 yrs don't work.....and they are right in my line of vision:lol:.......passengers are fine for vision though :rolleyes:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I always thought that was a cracking feature of the Mondeo :thumbs:

If frost or Ice is forcast, Stingray goes in the garage :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts