Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can research all of the models Alfa Romeo had for sale in the 1994 model year? (world wide, not just USA). I am mostly interested in their higher end examples.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL, thx guys. My interest is of course importation. We're allowed anything as long as it 15 years or older. I used to own a 1980 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (euro vers.) and let it go before I got married.
Given the lates reports on Forbes though with the Fiat / Chrysler agreement I may be able to actually get a new one in less time than I thought. I may just hold out?
Was there a 155 Q4 in 94'?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I bought a new 145 in 1994, with a 1:7 engine ( boxer I think ) and there were 3 in the range, one was called a base, if I remember correctly.....

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Administrator
60,163 Posts
But the 94 spiders were actually produced in '93 ;)

Yes, but it is common for cars to be made in the year before they are sold. ;)

Mine is classed as a 94 and the OP did ask what cars were available for sale in 94. :) Although I believe all 190 of the Commemorative edition Spiders were sold in NA.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Yes, but it is common for cars to be made in the year before they are sold. ;)
In NA :D Over here we have loads of options to choose from, which means your car is going to be build after you ordered it.

Mine is classed as a 94 and the OP did ask what cars were available for sale in 94. :) Although I believe all 190 of the Commemorative edition Spiders were sold in NA.
All CEs were indeed built in 93 and sold and delivered in 1994. As far as I know the CE was only available in NA.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Really? Thought they had access to official company data. Any example of mistakes you can share with us? :)
Predictably, the first section I looked at was the RZ - their total number produced is lower than the actual number, and the chassis numbers they quote finish some 40-odd lower than they should.

My car (and several others on Ed vd Beeks register) don't exist, according to that book. I have another book - "Zagato production 1990-2000" - which appears to have the correct number of cars produced.

Realistically, the SZ/RZ are the ones that are most likely to be wrong given that they weren't built by Alfa themselves, and it may be that this is the only error in the book, but it undermines it for me - knowing that the chassis numbers for the RZ are wrong, I can't have any confidence that they have the correct chassis numbers for all the other cars.

As it is, it's a good guide, but one that needs to be cross-checked against other sources.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts