Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought off these people ?
klarksonaslt

They are based in Lithuania

FOR ALFA ROMEO 147 2000 - 2004 ENGINE COVER UNDERTRAY FOR PETROL ENGINE

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I bought similar for a 147 JTD 3 years ago. They're pretty much identical material and to OE aside from (thankfully) lacking the silly, soggy sound insulation. Fits perfectly, and sags and scrapes over speed humps, just like the original.

I reinforced mine after 18m with some aluminium strip to limit the sagging and scraping. But they do the job and are really cheap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just bought one for my GT from them. Advertised as plastic but is fiberglass. It arrived yesterday. I haven't fitted it yet, but it looks like it will fit fine. Only difference for me is sump cutout different. I am hoping that won't be a problem as I have 3.2 GT and it was advertised as for 147.

Should be fitting it on my days off next week, I'll let you know how it fits.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Fibreglass sounds like it should be an improvement on OE saggy fibre-filled plastic, and the apparently identical stuff used for my Lithuanian aftermarket copy. Easy to bond in a few tubular reinforcements, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I may be wrong. I thought the original undertray was fiberglass and that's why they break. The one I bought is the same stuff as the original except for the insulation. Plastic has more flex than fiberglass.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The Alfa Romeo Owners Club shop has a new OEM undertray in. I purchased it a while back, and then they sent me a bill with a shipping cost of £45 ! WTF! I cancelled the order. I do want to get an undertray. I do not think it is a coincidence that two years after the 156 TS was introduced, most cars had no undertrays, due to garage monkeys putting them in skips, and the timing belt interval was halved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts