Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a copy of Alfa Romeo Spider and GTV Performance Portfolio 1995-2005, ISBN-13: 978-1855207042 . Thought I'd do a quick review for those of you who, like me, may have been looking for AR GTV history.

I paid £11.54 off Amazon for it (new) from a market place seller.
Its 128 pages of colour car magazine reviews taken from what car etc and covers every model of the GTV and Spider. It has everything from 1995-2005 from individual road tests to group tests.

It's great , really interesting, and I can't wait for a few clear hours to get my head into it :)

The fact that they're all contemporary articles shows how the car was, and from my point of view its even more fascinating to see how it stacked up when it was new. FYI I love my car now its older also!! But it is great to see where the car came from historically.
Takes me back to the first time i saw a GTV, when I was much younger, and thought to myself "what a great looking car - I want one!"

Treat yourself!
Stick the ISBN no into Amazon.

And no, this isn't an advert, I don't work for the publisher or for Aamazon. My only vested interest is to share a fascinating book with other fellow GTV and Spider owners.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks

Mr E

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds interesting, think i will buy one.

Thanks GeeTeeVee. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the info GeeTeeVee. I’ve just ordered myself a copy.

I received the latest magazine from AROC this week and in the section for the GTV/Spider register, there are a few great quotes from Jeremy Clarkson when Top Gear did a group test in 1996 pitting the Spider against the BMW Z3 and MGF VVC. Clarkson ended by saying, "I know for sure if I were to buy one of these cars, it would be the Spider." :D

I have found the full report on the Top Gear website which is available for download for £3 so I’ll be downloading that!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I too have the Brooklands GTV book, and would recommend it.

Kevin, they have the GTV V6 (220 bhp) road test from Autocar in there, and have a 0 to 100 time of 16.0 seconds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts