Alfa Romeo Forum banner

261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well the second 156 has turned up and its perfect, the paint is like glass, I must admit i'm very fond of Minichamps, I would buy more but they have gone so expensive in the last few years! I remember when they were 19.99 :(
That's what jmpresses me about them, the superb paint finishes although I notice they sometimes get carried away and apply it too thick on some models which can obscure the shutlines.
Go to one of the many model fairs and you can still pick them up cheap unless new releases which have shot up, I agree[/QUOTE]

Yes I do manage to get to a few of them when I get chance, I buy quite alot from a couple of german firms that do good sales :) ebays great too :)

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I received a nice Autoart gtv 2.0 for my birthday, quite impressed with the detailing especially the interior door handles and dash, even the indicators look wonky which is quite realistic,

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a few 1:43 Alfas I've picked up at Italian service stations over the years, plus a Lambo (well, you have to, don't you?).

Sad to note that the Polizia seem to have stopped using Alfas this year. Didn't see a single one tavelling through Verona, Bologna, Pisa, La Spezia, Turin and up to Switzerland over several days in the summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Here's a few 1:43 Alfas I've picked up at Italian service stations over the years, plus a Lambo (well, you have to, don't you?).

Sad to note that the Polizia seem to have stopped using Alfas this year. Didn't see a single one tavelling through Verona, Bologna, Pisa, La Spezia, Turin and up to Switzerland over several days in the summer.
Have no fear:

The "Stradale" (traffic corps) often has odd cars, which may be provided (read, paid for) by the motorway management they patrol; In the past you'd see Audi A4 Avant Quattro on the (often snowy) Brennero, for example. I've recently crossed paths with a Skoda Octavia, of all cars.

Police in Southern Italy isn't usually kept up-to-speed with the Northern area when it comes to vehicles, and often run older cars - as a result, there are still plenty of squad 159s going around from Rome downwards; As recently of 2010 there was still a 155 regularly going around the borders of the Vatican!

Flip side, it means they'll wait longer for the Giulietta and Giulia :(

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Just picked this up in Asda of all places. 1:32 scale. £8!!!
Was going to say it was for one of my nephews if anyone asked...no one did!

Attachments

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I collect miniatures. Most of the models I have are 1:43 scale. I build dioramas and take pictures of them, you can check them all out on my Instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/alfaromeo.miniatures/

Here are some examples :) Hope you like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Became aware of Model Supercar Collection Supercars - The world's greatest cars in miniature the year before last when the first one, a Ferrari, was being given away for just a few quid IIRC as an introductory thing to try and get you hooked. It didn't work with me. I've been waiting for an Alfa to come along, and with issue 44 it finally has - the 4C.
You used to be able to get them from WH Smith, but with lockdown I ordered this direct from the online shop (see link).
£11.99, but closer to £15 with p&p.
4C model 1.jpg
4C model 2.jpg

261 - 280 of 280 Posts