Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Every forum I've joined with relation to my cars or motorcycles have been full of peoples experiences. However, my observation is that people generally only post if they have a bad vehicle or dealership experience and forums can be a pretty negative place to be. If people have no problems, they generally don't post or join forums. I'm guessing from sales figures and the amount of complaints I've seen, the number of satisfied customers must out number unhappy customers by some majority.

So, in my wisdom, I'm going to change the trend and bring some joy to the forum! If you own or have owned an Alfa Romeo and have not had the need to post because your car has been fine then let's hear from you.

I'll start the ball rolling, Alfa Romeo GT 2005, owned for one year, never ever missed a beat, given me much joy, if I had to raise one complanit it'd be, poor turning circle, based on that one niggle, I'd say Alfa Romeo is a brand I would without doubt purchase again.

twincamms.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
you're right, people do tend to post if they have a problem,

however people here spend a lot of time taking photos of their Alfas, making them handle better, go faster etc, polishing them and talking about which one they are getting next, so while there may not be too many 'I love my Alfa' posts, the love is there.

Loved up Purple

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great post, I love my 2005 GT JTD, sure it isnt perfect but what car is.

The car has so much driving soul and looks far better than any german square box panzer waggon. The interior of the GT or any newish alfa is just a nice place to be, Alfa sure have interiors nailed.

I have to say I will only be replacing my GT with another newer GT, its got to be one of the most reliable and practical Alfas on the market. I have been running mine now for two years and all I have done is have it serviced and put tyres on it.

Lets have more posts like this one :thumbs:

·
0 Posts
My '98 plate V6 is still going strong :thumbs: , have had to do a few jobs in the 2.5 years of ownership, but certainly no more (I expect less) than most marques of similar age
Got a lil list built up that I meant to tackle while off over Christmas, but having no garage, I didn't fancy lying on my driveway in the snow :lol:
Good thread (been done before though, but they have 'died' - let's keep this one going to cancel the 'negativity' :thumbs: )

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I*'ve had my GTV for two years................ Service stuff really is all I've had to do .............. Never let me down and everytime I drive it .........It puts a smile on my face.

I love it.

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
172 Posts
Love my 156 and still look forward to driving it every single time i get in it.:thumbs:

The only other car i liked as much was a MK1 Golf Gti i had 15 years ago!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I only got into alfa's when my wife mentioned the fact we needed a good looking estate car for the dog and bicycles. this was 4 years ago and to be honest i was more of a peugeot practical person and was happy with something that was a bit of a work horse:eek:. i was very scepticle and tried to put her off, because i really not thought about alfas. bought my first one (sportwagon) and got hooked straight away. Sure it had a few niggles, but the pleasure in driving it, totaly out way the problems. I got my second alfa without thinking about any other manufacturer, especially german ones and again the niggles were there, but who cares. I always love opening the door, ignition on and driving away with the thought of people looking( and they do) and thinking thats a nice car!!. its called charisma and its what other cars dont have, unless its a ferari or aston martin:p

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
No complaints here! My 145 was a great car and my 156 is wonderful (apart from the crap shocks and turning circle slightly greater than the QE2's).

My brother got a 147 1.6 Lusso after owning a Delta Integrale Evo (chipped) as a weekend car and loves the 147....

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I loved my JTD, yes sure things needed replacing but no more than any other make. I must admit I got really emotional when I saw her after the accident but hey the King is dead, long live the King :)

I replaced her with a 2.4 SW and once all the work has been completed it will be even better. Problem is she hasn't had the TLC from a garage that cares, that is being rectified with various normal wear items being replaced, arms etc.

Rob

·
Registered
381 Posts
was a few issues with my car when i first bought it but thats why i paid what i paid for it. But not its as reliable as my brand new passat i had or brand new mondeo but omg a million times more fun to drive even been an oil burner. Had a spirited drive with an audi a3 170bhp on the way home tonight shall we say pretty even on the straights but point it at a bend the audi dropped right back I like to think its because the alfa has superior handling over the audi rather than the guy driving it been a big jessy with no imagination when looking at cars lol
upgrading the brakes this weekend as thats the only thing I feel lets the car down. :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Mine is in dire and desperate need of a service and, whilst i have a garage, it is full of ****e. I'm going to have a day off next week and do my oil and filters. Then I'll have a positive tale to tell.

you realise you are all jinxing yourselves don't you? The likelihood a car breaking increases fourfold when you say how reliable it is.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine is in dire and desperate need of a service and, whilst i have a garage, it is full of ****e. I'm going to have a day off next week and do my oil and filters. Then I'll have a positive tale to tell.

you realise you are all jinxing yourselves don't you? The likelihood a car breaking increases fourfold when you say how reliable it is.
it will give us somthing to moan about then :thumbs:

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
392 Posts
Hi

I now have a 2006 (56) GT Jtd which is great. before that a 2002 166 3.0 V6. It never missed a beat for 6 years. It was serviced and new tyres and except for the petrol air regulator that was it.

I would not consider another make. The Alfa is (to me) what having a car is all about. Its just that simple

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
iv had few things go wrong, maintainance mainly, or lack of by the previous owner, but other than the trip to the curb i had a few weeks ago, its been faultless in my year of ownership so far:thumbs:

my next car will be my 3rd alfa:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just what a car should be

First time posting so bear with me.....

When I started driving, my older brother espoused a cheap and cheerful car, so went with a toyota starlet, and then a Mit. lancer.....grand cars, really reliable but they were just that, cars and methods of trasport.

Then I got my 99 reg(old but I dont care) 156, it all changed. The turn of key that first time, the first time I went above 3000 revs and heard that growl, I know alfa have hooked me and every time my ford driving brothertells me that it might fall apart around me I just smile and think of my next drive on some quiet B road.

Of course theryre has been problems and eccentricities but as sad as it sounds it just makes me love the car more.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
The majority of my posts have had absolutely nothing to do with my Alfas, I'm only here for the banter and to (hopefully) help others. :thumbs:
Both of my 156s have been the most reliable cars that I've owned to date, amongst Audis, BMWs, VWs and Vauxhalls.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I owned my previous 156 2.0 TS for over 4 years and it was a great car, no major probs at all. I have had my current 156 JTS since July and it's been great, have had to have the cambelts done and replace the upper suspension arms, but its a six year old car.

I have now owned four Alfa's over the years and can't think of owning anything else - unless I win the lottery that is.....

R

·
0 Posts
My 147, perfect for 2 years 7 months love it.
My MiTo perfect since picking up in October.
My previous 156 great car.

Nothing but great cars in my experience :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
fourteen months, bought it on impulse drove past the garage turned around and an hour later i owned my 156 sportwagon lovely red met paint, slightly low,and i still smile when i go to get in it i must be hooked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts