Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brera on Tonights (4/02) Top Gear

Just read on Top Gear website they're going to have a "small coupe" Alfa on test against Audi and Mazdas equivalent.
I guess its the GT or Brera.
Quote:

"And Jeremy, Richard and James try to decide on the best small coupe by taking the latest offerings from Audi, Mazda and Alfa Romeo to two of their natural habitats – a design museum and a golf course."

·
Registered
821 Posts
Seeing as how I had to wait a week & a half back in June last year, to see the only Montecarlo Blue Brera that Alfa UK had, because Top Gear had "borrowed it" . I'm guessing it'll be... um... a Montecarlo Blue, Brera 2.2JTS.

Just a guess mind! :p

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup.... I'm guessing Brera vs TT vs RX8 (or maybe the MX5 :confused:)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hhhmmm, it'll be interesting what Clarkson says about it. I must say, there's a really good picture of a Brera in this months Alfa Owners Club news letter...

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
must be a brera, 147 isnt a coupe, gt is a bit old now so that leaves only the brera, but i hope its the 3.2 not the 2.2:( when they say small coupes i guess they mean as opposed to the 3 series or clk or 6 series which are bigger coupes) not that the 3 series is a coupe either:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
From "Top Gear" site
"Coupes test
The business of road testing isn't forgotten this series, and one of our meatier reviews looks at the new Audi TT and its rivals the Alfa Brera and the Mazda RX-8. Naturally, there's lots of fast driving and exotic scenery, but Clarkson, Hammond and May also take time to go golfing and then each tries to convince a panel of stony-faced art experts that their particular car deserves a place in the Edinburgh Institute of Modern Art. That might sound a bit dull, but, I promise you, it's a car crash between The South Bank Show and Ali G." ;)
http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/galleries/other/tg_preview2/11/

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Well at least this time Alfa should get a good report, unlike on fifth gear when Tiff Needell absolutley slated the 159:mad: :tut: But I bet at the end of it though Jeremy would choose the Alfa over the other two.;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes i think Jeremy would go for the Brera by heart, but say that the RX8 is the best choice. This should be a good show! Go Alfa! (normal people always automatically choose German (BMW/Audi - hate it!)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Unfortuantely, although the Montecarlo Blue looks really cool, it had the black leather... which is nowhere near as cool as red! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Lets hope it's not the Hamster in the Brera :eek:

I haven't seen the fifth gear review of the 159 cos I think the show is 5hit. I'll be intrested in that.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The TG Mag rated the Breara as a big dissapointment - not the car they were waiting for. Can't be good :(

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
MARK 147S1 said:
Well at least this time Alfa should get a good report, unlike on fifth gear when Tiff Needell absolutley slated the 159:mad: :tut: But I bet at the end of it though Jeremy would choose the Alfa over the other two.;)
I didn't think he slated it. He said the gearchange was [email protected] Haven driven the 3.2Q4 on the experience day I'd have to agree:eek:

There were lots of positives in his report but as a BM fan, he glossed over them:(

1 - 20 of 78 Posts