Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all Alfa Romeo lovers.....

My Mito looks the part but after only three months, the steering column froze whilst driving. A message came up on the dashboard to get it checked. When you turn the engine off and on again, it comes back to normal. Please let me know if anyone else has had this problem.

Also have a problem with the radio, it jutters from one station to another (had this problem from new). Has anyone else experienced this?

My husband phone Alfa Romeo up yesterday and they said "phone back later, we're busy!" :tut:

They've now got it back but they refused to give us a courtesy car! I am not impressed with the after service......

They don't know when I will get my car back and the snow is about to come down any moment!! I want my cosy car back!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i have been waiting for a call all day from ARUK...so dont hold your breath hun:rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had the radio one the other day, never had it before. It just kept jumping to different stations. I switched off the radio, and switched back on, and it was fine.

Maybe updating the software might help cure your problem.

There are some instructions in the ICE section, thought sorry i can't help, i haven't been able to do mine yet!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Regarding the radio, I have had this problem too - jumped five or six times in a 30 min drive. Doesn't happen on AM stations I have used previously - only on FM, so I looked at the travel bulletin settings. Turned that off and seemed fine on way home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio Jumps

Thanks for your replies.

I too waited all day for AR to phone me back. In the end we had to phone them again.
Now they have promised a courtesy car for today...only after we complained to Head Office...

Regarding the radio, I've told AR about this, still waiting to see what they have to say. Will post back when I know.

;)

M

·
0 Posts
I had the radio one the other day, never had it before. It just kept jumping to different stations. I switched off the radio, and switched back on, and it was fine.

Maybe updating the software might help cure your problem.

There are some instructions in the ICE section, thought sorry i can't help, i haven't been able to do mine yet!
You can stop the radio from doing this within the menu function.....I think its under 'AF SWITCHING' - which can be turned ON or OFF. just turn it off and it will stop randomly changing stations.:thumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can stop the radio from doing this within the menu function.....I think its under 'AF SWITCHING' - which can be turned ON or OFF.
When I had this problem, my AF switching was already off, so that's why I altered the travel bulletin settings. I'm sure if OP does a bit of testing they'll find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Radio

Just spoke to AR, they said they've corrected the radio, something to do with the settings. The nearest frequency was coming on first but they turned this off somehow.

They don't know when the part will be in for the steering and I'm being picked up shortly to collect a courtesy car, hooray! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
I've had exactly the same problems - all sensor warnings come on when I start the car - but if I move it a few metres and restart the car, they go away.

Been to-ing and fro-ing with dealer for a few months now - eventually they took screenshots of the diagnostics and sent them to Italy for help.

They got the results today and are replacing the steering column - it seems to be the steering column sensor that is the cause of the problems.

There's more info on all of this in the "Early MiTo problems!" thread.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right - hopefully the final follow up on my specific issue...

Got the car back 2 weeks ago with new steering column and haven't had a single problem since :)

They said to keep an eye on it for the next 1,000 km, but so far so good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have the radio thing. i never really thought anything of it. it's only when i've got heart on lol. Radio 1 and 2 are fine :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts