Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice!!!! Good job
I have also a white one QV and I am thinking of making glossy black carbon the surroundings of the foglights to look like the new QV of 2011.
Another thing I want to customize is the rear spoiler with glossy black carbon sticker. For now I can not decide if it will looks good and what kind of sticker to use. I am between matt grey,matt black and glossy black carbon sticker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbon 3M

i use 3m carbon black it looks great unfortunately it dosent show on the camera i am also going to do the same like the new qv but i will use carbon fiber i also did the chrome sou rounding of the headlights

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carbon 3M

ive done mine at carbon design by d.f his phone number is 99256565 tell him that you saw the pics on the forums and that marios which sell xenon lights sent you

·
Registered
51 Posts
and if you need any help removing the parts give me a call 99384400 iv' done many times
Ok thanks a lot! :thumbs:
For now I wont remove any parts because I have found that there is no need to remove the rear spoiler to make it carbon with the sticker. Also I think there is no need to remove the front bumber to skin the fog lights to look like 2011 QV.
I am trying to keep my QV as original as a I can.If you want you can take ideas from the original carbon accessories of guilleta.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carbon 3M

i know that you don't need to remove the spoiler or the bumbler so you can do your things but what i wanted to do is completely remove the chrome so i had to remove the rear and front bumbers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carbon 3M

not much this is what you need to do
1. Remove the front bumber
2. remove the frill it is only held by 4 screws
3. after you remove the grill flip it on th front side and start removing the clips that hold the chrome stripes
4. Find a local vinyl wrapping center and ask the guy to wrap the them in in 3m carbon fiber black
5. while your waiting for the vinyl to finish go to your local diy shop and buy high tempritre black spray paint and some prep wipes.
6. use the prep wipes nice an slowly and get all the corners of the grill then let it dry for 5 mints then start painting layer buy layer till you are satisfied with the Finnish then put everything back and you are done

it cost me about €60 total

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks great - did you stick it straight on top of the chrome finish? I think I would be worried about the black paint chipping back to the chrome underneath! (Although I'm assuming it's the usual 'chrome' finish i.e. some sort of silvery plastic, rather than actual plated metal!)

Good job though. Are you doing the wing mirrors too for the complete carbon finish?

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Looks great - did you stick it straight on top of the chrome finish? I think I would be worried about the black paint chipping back to the chrome underneath! (Although I'm assuming it's the usual 'chrome' finish i.e. some sort of silvery plastic, rather than actual plated metal!)

Good job though. Are you doing the wing mirrors too for the complete carbon finish?
No need to remove the bumper as it can be done in situ :thumbs:

You can pick up enough carbon vinyl to do them for less than a fiver, did mine as an
experiment but didn't look right on an etna black somehow ..
Looks so much better on the lighter colours :thumbs:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. I'm picking mine up tonight, so I'll have to see how I get on with the shiny chrome!

How did you get on with the curved edges? Ninja skills with a craft knife? :lol:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Thanks. I'm picking mine up tonight, so I'll have to see how I get on with the shiny chrome!

How did you get on with the curved edges? Ninja skills with a craft knife? :lol:
If you use plenty of heat it will stretch, but a few neat cuts on the underside will
do the job and are not seen :thumbs:

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you use plenty of heat it will stretch, but a few neat cuts on the underside will
Looks like a really nice job u made of that mate. Was going to give this a go but was scared off when the first step was remove bumper lol.

Will give it a bash without taking the bumper off although my car is etna black aswell i think (is that the flat black?). Next step has got to be getting it lowered but i think thats too mental for me!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks like a really nice job u made of that mate. Was going to give this a go but was scared off when the first step was remove bumper lol.

Will give it a bash without taking the bumper off although my car is etna black aswell i think (is that the flat black?). Next step has got to be getting it lowered but i think thats too mental for me!

·
Registered
51 Posts
This weekend I have finally managed to add some black matte 3M sticker around the fog lights. I have to admid that it was very very difficult to do it and I spent a few hours in order to get a good result...
But now my QV looks like a 2011 QV :D
DSCF0002new.jpg DSCF0004new.jpg

1 - 20 of 35 Posts